kenmo

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2016
mayfield, ky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Hello,
I was needing help, Ive got a p1000 deluxe. I got the display wet, and now nothing shows on the screen. Everything seems to run fine, and the screen lights up, but no fuel gauge, rpm, gear, or speed. I checked fuses under hood, all seem good. Thanks for the help

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hello,
I was needing help, Ive got a p1000 deluxe. I got the display wet, and now nothing shows on the screen. Everything seems to run fine, and the screen lights up, but no fuel gauge, rpm, gear, or speed. I checked fuses under hood, all seem good. Thanks for the help
Check your grounds REALLY good On the machine. Also what year is the machine and how old is the battery?

Reactions: Lady01
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Unfortunately if you got moisture inside the display it's probably toast.
Mine got wet and I tried drying it, nothing worked I even went as far drilling holes in to let dry and it did but it never started working again.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One thing about electronics, circuit boards etc., is that, except for distilled water, common water sources have impurities that allow the water to conduct electricity. This can short things out as the conductive water quickly causes electrolysis and/or galvanic corrosion between components with varying voltage potentials. If an electronic device is submerged, it is important to rinse with distilled water and then dry it out (we are talking cell phones etc. here, but same happens on larger equipment of course).

Remove power as soon as possible. On small battery powered stuff, cell phones etc. that show evidence of water intrusion, remove the battery asap. Rinse well with distilled water - may seem counter productive, but the distilled water rinses away the impurities that conduct electricity between circuit board traces and wiring connections etc. Open the device and dry out.

The only protection our machines have for electronics are seals on wiring connections and components. In practice, these are not always perfect and water intrusion can occur. You obviously can't dunk your sxs in a tank of distilled water to clean it, so you have choices. Don't make like a submarine, or do and then fix things as required.

Reactions: kenmo

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!