P1000 Light bar not working

K

krisnallen73

Dec 10, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We just brought home a brand new 2022 1000-5 & the light bars were working fine then all of a sudden they went out as did the dash blue lights. I assume this is a wiring issue but since we're just learning about this machine, can you point me on where to start troubleshooting?

Reactions: Smitty335
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
first rule is you need to post pics

need more info, dealer install, you install the lite bars, how many, etc......

pull out the owners manual and locate the fusebox and start there,

H

HondaTech

We just brought home a brand new 2022 1000-5 & the light bars were working fine then all of a sudden they went out as did the dash blue lights. I assume this is a wiring issue but since we're just learning about this machine, can you point me on where to start troubleshooting?

Well seeing as how these machines don't come with light bars I'd assume your dealer is at fault.

I'd load it back up and let them figure it out.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We just brought home a brand new 2022 1000-5
Welcome from your neighbor the now commie run state of Michigan!

like @DRZRon1 said, first rule is pics as in Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
of your rig of corse and the lite bar you have, plus more Info on its origins of purchase and install.

K

krisnallen73

Dec 10, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well seeing as how these machines don't come with light bars I'd assume your dealer is at fault.

I'd load it back up and let them figure it out.
They are an hour away and if it's an easy fix we would rather avoid the trip. Pics are below.

K

krisnallen73

Dec 10, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
buy the $70 lite bar off of amazon, charge customer $300, wad the cable up and out the door

-find the fuse thats blown
-replace and see if dash lites work, leave led lite Barr off, in fact, unplug it.

my guess would be

-fuse is satisfied (blown)
-fuse gets replaced
-dash lites will work fine
-then lite bars get turned on
-fuse gets satisfied again......

K

krisnallen73

Dec 10, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I guess I was being too optimistic that they wouldn't screw me over....luckily my husband (who I bought this for) is the cfo at an electrical distributor and he's lined up help to get it figured out. I was hoping it was something we could just take care of ourselves but I guess not. Appreciate all of you and this forum!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah I guess I was being too optimistic that they wouldn't screw me over....luckily my husband (who I bought this for) is the cfo at an electrical distributor and he's lined up help to get it figured out. I was hoping it was something we could just take care of ourselves but I guess not. Appreciate all of you and this forum!
Let us know what u end up doing and the end result.

Id personally remove that Lightbar and do some pods down by the hood. Besides the cluster fuc on the electrical, one trip on trail or anywhere with a low limb even a twig, that baby is comming off like tomahawk cruise missile!

Go army Green BTW on your color choice!

K

krisnallen73

Dec 10, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let us know what u end up doing and the end result.

Id personally remove that Lightbar and do some pods down by the hood. Besides the cluster fuc on the electrical, one trip on trail or anywhere with a low limb even a twig, that baby is comming off like tomahawk cruise missile!

Go army Green BTW on your color choice!
We were just talking about tree limbs taking it out tonight on our first drive. We have a working farm and woods so that's not a bad idea about moving them down. Love the description btw hahaha cruise missile. Super happy with it otherwise....it's going to be a huge help around the farm..

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We were just talking about tree limbs taking it out tonight on our first drive. We have a working farm and woods so that's not a bad idea about moving them down. Love the description btw hahaha cruise missile. Super happy with it otherwise....it's going to be a huge help around the farm..
You will enjoy it!
Ive had my green machine since 16’ and its been a workhorse

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome! Nice Buggy!

Reactions: Backwoods

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!