BOX1

P1000 Heat Reduction

S

scottaheller

Sep 21, 2022
Minnesota/Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
We just picked up our new to us 2020 1000-5 that has an enclosed cab and it definitely gets warm inside, even with the windows rolled down. I've seen heat reduction kits and I've seen DIY projects with roll insulation, both with that same results. Any suggestions as to the best way to go about trying to reduce the heat inside the cab?
We are in northern Wisconsin so the heat will be welcome for the couple trail rides we do and ice fishing trips but I'm trying to plan ahead to next summer. We do have the factor half doors that I will probably put on come spring and I'm sure that will help some too.

Reactions: FJC 79
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger can you send me more information on the quickshield?

Thanks

Just click that link. It's a one piece rubber blanket that goes under and behind the seat back. Easy install, lasts forever and allows access for maintenance and such. About a thousand of them sold, they work.

brettc

brettc

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2020
Little Rock, AR & Crawford, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just click that link. It's a one piece rubber blanket that goes under and behind the seat back. Easy install, lasts forever and allows access for maintenance and such. About a thousand of them sold, they work.
@trigger, I removed the factory rubber sheet a while back when I installed DEI heat shield. Wont make a huge difference without that will it?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger, I removed the factory rubber sheet a while back when I installed DEI heat shield. Wont make a huge difference without that will it?

No, that thin rubber they use helps but doesn't seal around the seat belt latches and stuff like the shield does. You also won't have to take all kinds of stuff apart to install like the DEI kit.

brettc

brettc

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No, that thin rubber they use helps but doesn't seal around the seat belt latches and stuff like the shield does. You also won't have to take all kinds of stuff apart to install like the DEI kit.
Thank you sir. I had read a lot of the old threads on here and gathered that the thin rubber shield was likely more about steam burns for passengers and wasn't on the early models.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thank you sir. I had read a lot of the old threads on here and gathered that the thin rubber shield was likely more about steam burns for passengers and wasn't on the early models.

It was a thing Honda added later bc so many were complaining about the cab heat. It didn't really solve the problem but it helped. Kind of like they've done with the new '22, they've added some cavities to the plastics under the seat to generate some air flow. Consensus says the same, it helps but it's still an issue.

brettc

brettc

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm finally getting mine all back together since some extended repairs at the dealer. Its a little bit of a bear to get the 5 bolts back into the seat through the five holes in the quickshield, but patience is a virtue. This is what Honda should have done from the factory!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!