P1000 Gear reduction thoughts

DennyChapman

DennyChapman

Sep 7, 2021
Statesboro Ga.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m looking to do the reduction boss gear reduction in my P 1000. I have the cops tune with the 6 inch TTC lift with 33‘s now and I’m looking to do the IG are and go with 35s. My question is, does anybody have any knowledge on this, as far as the compatibility with my tune, and how is it with clutch where in tear and clutch pressure. Any thoughts would be great I’m looking to pull the trigger on the order now.

RoyLee89

RoyLee89

Dec 31, 2019
Staunton Va, & Okeechobee, FL.
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X4

4. Big Red
I’m looking to do the reduction boss gear reduction in my P 1000. I have the cops tune with the 6 inch TTC lift with 33‘s now and I’m looking to do the IG are and go with 35s. My question is, does anybody have any knowledge on this, as far as the compatibility with my tune, and how is it with clutch where in tear and clutch pressure. Any thoughts would be great I’m looking to pull the trigger on the order now.
You'll need to get a new Tune. if you want to drive in Auto. IGR states this and tells you flash back to stock. or get a new tune.
Scott Alvarez from FCP can cut you a new tune and get you set up.
Send him a Email or just look up

Florida Cracker Performance LLC

Im not sure COPS is even around now days.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You'll need to get a new Tune. if you want to drive in Auto. IGR states this and tells you flash back to stock. or get a new tune.
Scott Alvarez from FCP can cut you a new tune and get you set up.
Send him a Email or just look up

Florida Cracker Performance LLC

Im not sure COPS is even around now days.
WelcoMe from Michigan.

Looks lime you've been around since 19’ the guy you tagged hasn't been on the forum in 8 months.
Anyway….no pics of your rig yet. Rule#4
Pics Or It Didnt Happen😉

RoyLee89

RoyLee89

Dec 31, 2019
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X4

4. Big Red
WelcoMe from Michigan.

Looks lime you've been around since 19’ the guy you tagged hasn't been on the forum in 8 months.
Anyway….no pics of your rig yet. Rule#4
Pics Or It Didnt Happen😉
Yea, I dont like to post as everyone has their own way. I just went down this road this year on the setup and tunes. still working on the the 2020 P1k5. as well as the 2016 P1k5 6" lift. got busy with life and not had time to complete the builds.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yea, I dont like to post as everyone has their own way. I just went down this road this year on the setup and tunes. still working on the the 2020 P1k5. as well as the 2016 P1k5 6" lift. got busy with life and not had time to complete the builds.
You have 2 P1’s eh🤔 at least we know what yrs now.
Would like to see the 6” lift on that and u know what they say POIDH lol. Is the clutch update done on it?
Yup, life has a way of fucing us all in the ass one way or another. Just went through something similar myself. It likes to throw u curve balls. Its how you hit them is what counts.

BTW what state is your number? Thought there were 50states🤔

Last edited:
RoyLee89

RoyLee89

Dec 31, 2019
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X4

4. Big Red
You have 2 P1’s eh🤔 at least we know what yrs now.
Would like to see the 6” lift on that and u know what they say POIDH lol. Is the clutch update done on it?
Yup, life has a way of fucing us all in the ass one way or another. Just went through something similar myself. It likes to throw u curve balls. Its how you hit them is what counts.

BTW what state is your number? Thoughy we had 50states🤔🤣
I only own one P1k5, 3” TTC, 30”OL2, IGR, All Cops tunes before IGR, FCP Tune-IGR & Talon Reverse, Bandit Shocks, TC snorkel, SATV Flip up, Dual bat, Warn Axon winch, Tusk Full Roof, roof fans for summer snow plow for winter in VA.

Dads toys-
2016 P1k5. IW with the 6" lift, Talon Revers. Yes clutch upgrade-recall, TC Snorkel- had 30” tires will put portals and 35” tires and FCP tune when completed. Honda Roof

Honda Big red 500. - All stock with a winch. " The yard Pig"
Honda P700-4 - FWD arms 28" tires TC snorkel,
P1k5 2022-- TTC 3" – 30’ boggers, 3” TC Snorkel
Talon 4seater 2020, offset FWD Arms, 35” tire, 3” TC Snorkel,

We mostly ride at River ranch. But I'm trying to get some to make it to one the events just get to busy with life.

RoyLee89

RoyLee89

Dec 31, 2019
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X4

4. Big Red
I only own one P1k5, 3” TTC, 30”OL2, IGR, All Cops tunes before IGR, FCP Tune-IGR & Talon Reverse, Bandit Shocks, TC snorkel, SATV Flip up, Dual bat, Warn Axon winch, Tusk Full Roof, roof fans for summer snow plow for winter in VA.

Dads toys-
2016 P1k5. IW with the 6" lift, Talon Revers. Yes clutch upgrade-recall, TC Snorkel- had 30” tires will put portals and 35” tires and FCP tune when completed. Honda Roof

Honda Big red 500. - All stock with a winch. " The yard Pig"
Honda P700-4 - FWD arms 28" tires TC snorkel,
P1k5 2022-- TTC 3" – 30’ boggers, 3” TC Snorkel
Talon 4seater 2020, offset FWD Arms, 35” tire, 3” TC Snorkel,

We mostly ride at River ranch. But I'm trying to get some to make it to one the events just get to busy with life.

IMG 2184 IMG 1804 IMG 0835

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You will need a custom tuned 17' Talon ECU because you can make changes to the Talon ECU that you cannot to the Pioneer, (3) 12 o'clock labs speedo healers so the ECU is getting consistent readings otherwise it will go into limp mode and the transmission will not shift correctly in auto, you will have to adjust the speedo healers for your tires and the reduction once installed. The ECU cannot be fooled into thinking everything is correct it has to get the corrected signal externally.

Apologies for the slow response I haven't been on here as much as I used to be.

Reactions: JenElio and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!