P1000 Heat ideas for Rear Passengers?

C

cboyda

Jan 12, 2024
Alberta, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Woot, Wetaskiwin Search and Rescue has purchased a 1000-5p deluxe and adding enclosure/roof/heater, but the dealership is saying there is no way to heat the rear. Was really hoping to put the floor vents on their feet for the rear passengers. Any suggestions?

Just thinking of some way to extend our winter, night operations...

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off, welcome from the mountains of WNC
Second : We love pics, because with out them it never happened.
Third : There will be plenty of heat for the back passengers, unless your riding in subzero temps then maybe not, I would test it out first before adding something I may not need.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Texas.

I don't know if this helps, or not.

For those who wanted heat, I had 12 volt electric blankets. They could wrap over their legs and sit on it and they could wrap around their shoulders and chest.

They got heat and kept the wind off. When we had the below zero temps for a couple of weeks, it was great

I don't know how cold your temps get and how well it may work.

But, good luck on your search.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As hot as the back seats get in normal conditions I’d say it’s going to be fine, provided you get the huge gaps under the rear doors sealed up, and the gaps at the top of the roof line.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
the back seat should be fine. It’s warmer than the front in mine.

I got creative with some pipe insulation and zip ties to close the gap at the bottom of the door. In the front I used some stick on gaskets.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Woot, Wetaskiwin Search and Rescue has purchased a 1000-5p deluxe and adding enclosure/roof/heater, but the dealership is saying there is no way to heat the rear. Was really hoping to put the floor vents on their feet for the rear passengers. Any suggestions?

I wouldn’t be concerned if you are getting a full enclosure and a heater. Like @Vikes79 said seal off your gaps. Being part of SAR you probably are wearing good winter gear and in my opinion that’s how you stay warm.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just remembered seeing this

Is there room for the rear passengers if you spun the heater 180 degrees for them to enjoy the mr heater benefits?

This might be helpful for you.

Reactions: Prntckt and TxDoc
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm half tempted to strap one of my Honda eu2000i inverter gennie onto the back of my 700 and run space heaters...

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Smart man - or buy a used Jeep and outfit, cheaper, better and no sealing, stuffing, heating - lol….

Reactions: Prntckt and TxDoc
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4

Welcome to the forum from west central Wisconsin.
Warm clothing, sealing up gaps and a good heater like an Inferno are the best steps in my opinion

Reactions: TxDoc and Rayger143
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I've thought about installing heated seats in mine in the front. I don't have a 5 so this my not work for the rears. Dorman 628-040 Dorman Seat Heater Kits | Summit Racing

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I forgot about that on mine. I have 4” thick heated seat cushions for the rear. That definitely helps. The rear seats are too low, even for 6’ adults.

And they work good in a tree stand, fishing boat or Packer game also. :p

They are similar to this although mine were from wal mart.

IMG 0157

Last edited:
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've thought about installing heated seats in mine in the front. I don't have a 5 so this my not work for the rears. Dorman 628-040 Dorman Seat Heater Kits | Summit Racing
That is a cool concept to have them permanently mounted.

I used an automotive "cover" that I enjoyed alot. The electric heater I tried did not work well. It was only enough to warm your hands over it when needed.

Post #93

Reactions: toddvdh and TxDoc
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I forgot about that on mine. I have 4” thick heated seat cushions for the rear. That definitely helps. The rear seats are too low, even for 6’ adults.

And they work good in a tree stand, fishing boat or Packer game also. :p

They are similar to this although mine were from wal mart.

View attachment 414974
I bought two Mossy Oak - Wally World 3" electric hunting cushions like these. They fit perfect, make the rear seats better year round, and you can rig them to use vehicle power instead of battery (mine use standard USB power). When out in the cold, we throw an old sleeping bag across our laps and it works.
I also have a heated vest. If you haven't tried one, you should. It's magic.

Reactions: toddvdh
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look up car seat heater kit. I installed a kit and improved lumbar support in my Honda S2000 (didn't come with that feature and it sure is nice). Look up car seat heater (and also add the work "kit" to see options for adding just the heater elements to existing seats).

Haven't done this on a SXS, but it's done all the time on small aircraft. Install a metal shroud around the engine header pipes. The shroud should have a gap of a few inches and not be near or touching pipes. Then use flexible ducts to take heated air to the foot well area in front of seats. The duct should end with an adjustable & closing louver to regulate heat. To force air through the system, on aircaft it's ram air from front engine cooling inlets. That might be doable in this app, but probably easier to use a bilge fan that many of us are using to keep the under-seat area cooler in the summer.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought two Mossy Oak - Wally World 3" electric hunting cushions like these. They fit perfect, make the rear seats better year round, and you can rig them to use vehicle power instead of battery (mine use standard USB power). When out in the cold, we throw an old sleeping bag across our laps and it works.
I also have a heated vest. If you haven't tried one, you should. It's magic.
I have one of those. It actually gets too hot for comfort sitting in the deer blind.

Reactions: toddvdh and TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!