P1000 Heater to air conditioner conversion

G

GolfCart

Mar 4, 2023
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe a crazy thought, but I was sitting by the fire, drinking bourbon and having a cigar with a friend, and as usual under these conditions, discussing how to solve all the world’s problems.
One solution we came up with is how to remove the heat from under the seat on a Pioneer 1000 (a well-known worldwide crisis). I have a heater in my P1K-5 that I don’t use and was wondering… what if I disconnected the heater hoses from the heater, reversed the wires to the motor to make it spin the other way, and made some kind of duct work to blow the heat out from under the seat with the heater??? Basically a bilge blower.
If the blower would work efficiently in blowing in the other direction this would suck air in from the heater vent lines and out the heater blower with the added duct work pushing the air out of from under the seat.
Anyone done this or see why it couldn’t work?

G

GolfCart

Mar 4, 2023
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In concept it may work. It reality it wouldn't. Those fans have their fins designed to push air one way. They don't work efficiently in reverse.
Thats what I was thinking. Haven't looked at the guts of the heater but wondering if I could turn the motor or blades around somehow.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Anyone done this or see why it couldn’t work?
Ok, gonna put your dick in the dirt 😂 JK. But seriously, it will not work. Being an HVAC tech, many people have tried this on conventional heating systems and the results are….lets say 1/2 mast at best 🤣

Anyway, Electric blower motors are built for one direction, CW or CCW rotation thats it. By reversing the motor your reversing its magnetic field and not the way its winded to began with. Not only will you loose 1/2 the power, your shorting the life of that motor in 1/2 or in 5min. The only way to get it to blow the other direction is leaving the motor in its happy rotation and change if u can find one? A blwer wheel that the fins are going the other way. The hassle it takes to do this makes it not worth it imo.

Just install a bilge fan under the seat to get rid of heat and a Quick Shield. Problem solved.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!