Trail riding - air down?

tigerbite84

tigerbite84

Jun 6, 2021
Reinholds, PA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'll be at Lost Trails in PA this weekend. Do you air down stock tires when riding dirt trails? I used to air down my jeep when offroading. We're mostly doing green and blue trails, so I don't think it'll be too technical. Thanks

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Talons are spec'd at 16 lbs. on all four corners IIRC. I run 8-10 front and 9-11 rear with beadlocks. I ran 12 before the beadlocks. Another Talon owner ran 8 lbs. with no problems on non beadlocks. It's a never ending experiment.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s more the terrain for me…in sand dunes out west…for sure..otherwise no. Too risky for pinch flats IMO. I run my rig at around 10 psi.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'll be at Lost Trails in PA this weekend. Do you air down stock tires when riding dirt trails? I used to air down my jeep when offroading. We're mostly doing green and blue trails, so I don't think it'll be too technical. Thanks

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
don’t overthink it - stock pressure is fine

in theory - the lower the better for sand/rock crawling, a little more cushion for the ride

enjoy the bumpy rock run

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!