P1000 Air Filter Change at 3300,p1000-5,2020.

S

Scamih

Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I changed my filter at 3300 miles which was 4 years and it was pretty dirty. I’ll change at 2 years going forward. When I put housing back on, one of the top bolts wouldn’t tighten up. I haven’t taken it back apart to check it out. Anyone else have this issue. Is there a trick or an insert you can put in housing. I think it will be ok but I’m thinking down the road when I go to put a new filter in in 2 years.

• Wow
Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I changed my filter at 3300 miles which was 4 years and it was pretty dirty. I’ll change at 2 years going forward. When I put housing back on, one of the top bolts wouldn’t tighten up. I haven’t taken it back apart to check it out. Anyone else have this issue. Is there a trick or an insert you can put in housing. I think it will be ok but I’m thinking down the road when I go to put a new filter in in 2 years.
Do u have a pre filter?
Thats a awful long time if u dont. Im willing to bet its pretty dirty way before that

S

Scamih

Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll doing it every 2 years here on out. No prefilter just what came on machine. I thought book said 3600. Back to my question. Ever have trouble with getting a bolt to tighten up?

• Wow
Reactions: Remington and 906UP
M

Martoe

Jun 18, 2021
Alberta,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Sounds like a lot of miles and time before changing to me. Ill clean mine along with fresh oil at 500km.

Reactions: Remington
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I’ll doing it every 2 years here on out. No prefilter just what came on machine. I thought book said 3600. Back to my question. Ever have trouble with getting a bolt to tighten up?
Is the insert spinning in the backside of the filter box?

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If the insert is spinning in the housing, remove it from the housing,hold it with channel locks, take a housing bolt and run it back and forth through the insert from the opposite side. This will clean up the threads. Reinstall the insert and carefully start the bolt.

Reactions: 906UP
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine had one that felt like the insert was spinning in the plastic housing.

Once I got it apart, I found that the insert was still firmly mounted in the plastic. It turns out it was the actual screw and threads that were stripped out.

That insert appears to be pretty soft metal.

I was able to replace the screw with a new one and run a tap into the insert. It's holding well, surprisingly.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Id still check it every oil change at least. You might be surprised especially without a pre filter.

Also, dont forget to hit “reply” or tag @Scamih when responding to post so that person gets a notice like you did. I just stumbled on this post again and your answer to my last one was 3 days ago

Reactions: CID
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!