P1000 12v Heater

C

CommanderDave

Nov 8, 2018
Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Can anyone recommend a good 12 volt heater. I have a 2020 pioneer 1000-5 without a cab closure, but I'm just looking for something to warm my hands.

P

Pioneerrider

Nov 9, 2022
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you want something mega simple there are 12v cigarette lighter ‘defrosters’ that are plug n play. They’re pretty cheaply made but if you just want to warm your hands it’ll work. One of these saved us on a late summer ride that turned cold…I had it stuffed under my tshirt. Gives you a tiny bit of heat to take the edge off. Ya get what ya pay for and these are not that good but better than nothing. As far as defrosting a windshield with it I’d say forget it…

I just installed a super atv heater that I’m waiting on coolant and dual battery parts to get here before I dial it in. Pretty straightforward install, although nerve wracking drilling holes in plastic and cutting hoses. Check and double check, mark out with pencil and make a good cut! Will post when I get it fired up on burping the lines and how much heat output, noise and so on… should be tomorrow hopefully!! Lots of people have done heater installs and there’s some info out there but it seems results are variable… this is the first one I’ve done myself.

P

Pioneerrider

Nov 9, 2022
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
price was the decider for me. The superAtv one is cool because it comes with everything you need to do the job. And it’s way cheaper. Don’t know what it would cost to have the dealer install… it took me an entire day to install. From what I can tell it’s the same kind of design as the Honda genuine one. Can’t speak for the overall quality of the heater/ blower unit.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They don't work. Buddy of mine put one in his Gator, that has a full glass cab, and it would defrost a 5" circle on the windshield at most. The cheapest route in JEGS 28000 BTU heater and it with put out the most heat becasue it's made for a car or truck cab. Your goning to need high output because I have 18000 btu with a cab and I wish it had more.

Last edited:
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Can anyone recommend a good 12 volt heater. I have a 2020 pioneer 1000-5 without a cab closure, but I'm just looking for something to warm my hands.
🤷‍♂️....
20 off

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Bought one of these yrs ago for plowing but never did use it.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heated gloves will definitely work. I had a pair for my Ninja BITD and I could ride at 20 degrees out and still have warm hands. Heated gear is pricey but it does work.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I saw it on the build sheet, $999.00. So it would ship along with the new unit and the dealer would have to install it?
1. If one is available as a factory installed option on the 2023, that's news to me ... and I'll stand corrected if that's the case. Please let me know what you find out.

2. That's twice the price of buying and installing one yourself. But, up to you if it's an option.

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!