P1000 Heater Install

C

cattmann

Oct 26, 2018
canada
Ownership

1. 500
Just finished my inferno heater install and thought I would share my install.I have installed 3 Honda heaters in the past and it can be a big job. My personal opinion of the Honda heater is that it sucks.The inferno is very similar except I didn’t remove the dash to install defrost vents ,one on each side of the steering wheel.what I did was come up through the cup holders.I used some abs plastic fittings from my local hardware store.It was very easy to route the duct hoses up from under the floor by reaching up under the front suspension and reaching in behind the dash from both sides after you remove your wheel well panels.The lower dash vents ,I installed left and right of the cigarette lighter which was easy. I will be installing a dual cup holder in the middle of my dash later.if I had it to do again I would install a heater inside the machine with no duck hoses.My heater works so so when your idling but as soon as you start driving the heater isn’t long cooling off do to the duct hoses being exposed under the floor and behind the dash to the elements.I find once you get some heat in the machine,all you need is 2 small fans,one on each side of the windshield for defrosting.

231B36F7 DAA4 4F81 816F E249E79DE41F F0EB3F4C 609B 42FB 8FA4 DF1854E088B2 8B8CF89C 25AA 4C6E BE6E 0B76E9D9588C

Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I like this and plan on tackling this project soon before winter hits here in Alaska. Did you get the max version they now offer? I don’t like the idea of the air ducks running under the floor board where cold air can rob the heat of the duct lines. For this reason I have two options but can’t decide yet.

1. Install the super Atv heater - it’s heater has everything mounted in the cab but the only problem is it has bad reviews….it is cheaper through.

2. Install the inferno max heater - again not a fan of the air ducts being run outside the cab or the fact that it removes my storage bin under the seat. This also concerns me for damaging the heater motor due to the many many river crossings I do here. I was thinking if I do go this route I would route the air ducts through the engine wall just above the floor board in the middle and build a foot brace cover to go over it that protect the ducts from being smashed. I would also extend the height of the heater motor to sit higher up in the compartment.

Still going back and forth on which would be better but last winter I ran this set up (dual fans and a buddy heater) and it worked fairly well but it would be nice to have a legit defrost function in place since it fogs up a little after river crossings and when not driving at a decent speed.
E6877A06 1655 4EC1 82EC 74849B1F94F4

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like this and plan on tackling this project soon before winter hits here in Alaska. Did you get the max version they now offer? I don’t like the idea of the air ducks running under the floor board where cold air can rob the heat of the duct lines. For this reason I have two options but can’t decide yet.

1. Install the super Atv heater - it’s heater has everything mounted in the cab but the only problem is it has bad reviews….it is cheaper through.

2. Install the inferno max heater - again not a fan of the air ducts being run outside the cab or the fact that it removes my storage bin under the seat. This also concerns me for damaging the heater motor due to the many many river crossings I do here. I was thinking if I do go this route I would route the air ducts through the engine wall just above the floor board in the middle and build a foot brace cover to go over it that protect the ducts from being smashed. I would also extend the height of the heater motor to sit higher up in the compartment.

Still going back and forth on which would be better but last winter I ran this set up (dual fans and a buddy heater) and it worked fairly well but it would be nice to have a legit defrost function in place since it fogs up a little after river crossings and when not driving at a decent speed.
View attachment 348106
I installed the inferno max with defrost vents on the dash. Two defrost vents come with a plate for the dash where the warning label is located. Works good for heat and defrost. The biggest problem is Honda's leaky dash. I'm going to do something before winter to stop the cold air in the dash area but haven't decided which route I'm going yet.
An idea for the hose ran under the cab floor would be to use some solid tubing for part of the run or some type of rubber hosing. You may be able insulate the in duct work also which would help with heat lose. I see your in Alaska, so I would look at insulation on the duct work or just heavier and better material for duct hose. I'm in Ohio and I don't don't do water much, mostly mud and cow s***. Take a look at this website for better duct hose: "Thermoplastic Flex Medium-Duty WS" Thermoplastic Rubber Duct

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I installed the inferno max with defrost vents on the dash. Two defrost vents come with a plate for the dash where the warning label is located. Works good for heat and defrost. The biggest problem is Honda's leaky dash. I'm going to do something before winter to stop the cold air in the dash area but haven't decided which route I'm going yet.
An idea for the hose ran under the cab floor would be to use some solid tubing for part of the run or some type of rubber hosing. You may be able insulate the in duct work also which would help with heat lose. I see your in Alaska, so I would look at insulation on the duct work or just heavier and better material for duct hose. I'm in Ohio and I don't don't do water much, mostly mud and cow s***. Take a look at this website for better duct hose: "Thermoplastic Flex Medium-Duty WS" Thermoplastic Rubber Duct
Thats not a bad Idea. But as an HVAC tech, Rubber flex hose, not only is it a fire hazard you loose heat mass in anything plastic or rubber. Therefore by the time it hits the register youve lost 20% or more heat that was originally produced.
aluminum flex duct like for a dryer is your best bet. the metal will retain the heat alot better to the register and not give u a fire hazard. I did this in my heater. You can see it in my P1 build. Just my .02. You dont have to do this. Just trying to help.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!