Looking for Southwest Arizona riding areas

S

Stel

Jan 22, 2019
Avon
Ownership

1. Talon R
Be advised you can drive the Pioneer on 45 mph or slower roads, but tires must be DOT approved. And of course lights, horn, etc. You are still allowed to hang your hand out for turn signals. Also, must have insurance as if it was a car. Ours cost about $55 bucks a year extra. Nice to drive around without racking up the miles on your truck.

S

Stel

Jan 22, 2019
Avon
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have not found any reference to DOT approved tires as a requirement to ride Arizona trails nor have I found a speed limit limitation of 45 MPH. Could you please direct me to an official rule or publication.... much appreciated

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have not found any reference to DOT approved tires as a requirement to ride Arizona trails nor have I found a speed limit limitation of 45 MPH. Could you please direct me to an official rule or publication.... much appreciated

I called and spoke with ADOT last summer. The gal that was helping me got out the regulations book and read everything that pertains to tires and OHV vehicles. She could not find anything stating that DOT rated tires are required to be able to run on paved streets or the Hwy in Az. I do think that they are a good idea though just for the stiffer sidewall if no other reason. MERRY CHRISTMAS

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All of the riding north of gila river is great between Florence and the Ray mine. Going to the coke ovens is now posted as no trespassing. Too much vandalism. Also some good riding south of Gila river near Kearny. Ripest mine and Hackberry cabin.

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
All of the riding north of gila river is great between Florence and the Ray mine. Going to the coke ovens is now posted as no trespassing. Too much vandalism. Also some good riding south of Gila river near Kearny. Ripest mine and Hackberry cabin.
Where is Hackberry cabin?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
It’s actually a building left over from the Hackberry Mine (33.011754, -110.936224).
Oh...ok. This one...

20201024 122634 jpg

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!