P1000 Looking for a sensor

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody know what sensor tells the buggy it’s in 2 wheel lock and 4wd there both working but it won’t show me on the dash that it’s activated any ideas?

Reactions: EMAW and ChadD
Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There single pin bullet connectors in the front diff. 4wd is near the rear of the front diff and lock is towards the front.

If I remember right their under plastic covers.
Is this it?

884CFB69 4339 4886 A1D0 0C8207AFD3D9

H

HondaTech

Yes, there are 2 of those, 1 for each position.
Most likely the 4wd is just bad or it's not actually engaging 4wd.

If the PCM/Meter doesn't see 4wd indicated, it won't show diff lock. Does it switch between 2wd and turf ok? It could be an adjustment in the rear box as well.

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, there are 2 of those, 1 for each position.
Most likely the 4wd is just bad or it's not actually engaging 4wd.

If the PCM/Meter doesn't see 4wd indicated, it won't show diff lock. Does it switch between 2wd and turf ok? It could be an adjustment in the rear box as well.
I only saw one of these on the diff I will look again but my buddy did break that wire wile we were installing the rack so maybe that’s why it will go into 4wd but not show it? And it will not show me going into two wheel diff lock either so maybe I messed up the rear one when I pulled the diff idk turf mode is not working either but I have the box soaking in penetrating oil cause screw won’t turn also any idea where I can get some of those connectors I can’t find them

H

HondaTech

I only saw one of these on the diff I will look again but my buddy did break that wire wile we were installing the rack so maybe that’s why it will go into 4wd but not show it? And it will not show me going into two wheel diff lock either so maybe I messed up the rear one when I pulled the diff idk turf mode is not working either but I have the box soaking in penetrating oil cause screw won’t turn also any idea where I can get some of those connectors I can’t find them
There just a female bullet connector. I could get you a number for the connector part but it won't have the rubber hat/cover on it. Honda only sells them in packs of 25 I think though.

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There just a female bullet connector. I could get you a number for the connector part but it won't have the rubber hat/cover on it. Honda only sells them in packs of 25 I think though.
Update fixed wire and drove it switched from 4 wheel to two wheel still not comming up on dash any more ideas

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!