P1000 Aluminum Cup Holders

djracer

djracer

Jun 2, 2017
Wetumpka, Al.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have really nice marine Aluminum cup holders ( I actually bought 3 or 4 kinds till I was happy) with a flat bottom so they hold any Size Yeti/ Orca/ whoever tumbler. I think I own 8 different kinds. I had a set of red ones but thought with the tumbler boucing in there on the trail it would mess up the Anodizing. I swapped to a plain Aluminum set and I even wrapped them whith Dynamat before I installed them.The issue I have been having is the cup holder gets absolutely smoking hot. My 1000/5 deluxe is a 2016 so it did not have the deflector until recently so I am not sure if that helped or hurt the issue? Do any of you have aluminum cupholders and do they get super hot?

I looked at it today with my front mudflaps off. If the deflector did not help I may make something around the bottom of the cup holder and fill it with spray foam.

J

JTW

I used plastic and they get hot too... the spray foam is probably your best bet.

Reactions: BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have really nice marine Aluminum cup holders ( I actually bought 3 or 4 kinds till I was happy) with a flat bottom so they hold any Size Yeti/ Orca/ whoever tumbler. I think I own 8 different kinds. I had a set of red ones but thought with the tumbler boucing in there on the trail it would mess up the Anodizing. I swapped to a plain Aluminum set and I even wrapped them whith Dynamat before I installed them.The issue I have been having is the cup holder gets absolutely smoking hot. My 1000/5 deluxe is a 2016 so it did not have the deflector until recently so I am not sure if that helped or hurt the issue? Do any of you have aluminum cupholders and do they get super hot?

I looked at it today with my front mudflaps off. If the deflector did not help I may make something around the bottom of the cup holder and fill it with spray foam.
Which cupholders had flat bottoms? I have a pair of plastic ones with a step in the bottom that i can't stand. nothing stands up straight in it.

Reactions: DRAGFOOT and BWAF

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Which cupholders had flat bottoms? I have a pair of plastic ones with a step in the bottom that i can't stand. nothing stands up straight in it.
Just get a pair of Polaris ones and be done with it. Flat bottoms, plastic so no scratching to worry about, they look like they could've come from Honda factory and large enough to fit Yetis etc.

Last edited:
djracer

djracer

Jun 2, 2017
Wetumpka, Al.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are made by CP Performance. They cost more but I hated the stepped bottoms as well. I have the medium sized ones. I like them so much I put two in my truck as well. I pretty much carry a tumbler all the time.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I'm confused, so which ones will fit the 30oz yeti tumblers the best? and does anyone have a link for them?

Reactions: DRAGFOOT and BWAF
advertisement

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How much are those?
Fix My Toys has them on eBay for $20.84 ea.
S l1600
I know this is the same part # I ordered because I got it from my "purchase history" on eBay. But it sure does look stepped in this photo. Maybe they changed the design since last year? Mine are definitely not stepped and they fit a 32 oz Yeti cup perfectly.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You will have to trim your dash to fit these. I did mine with a utility knife. Take your time though-slices through dash material like butter!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do they fit right inside of the original cup holders. Thanks John
Factory cupholders must be removed for this.
You will have to cut your dash bigger for these to slide right in. Easily cut with a box cutter/utility knife, just take your time.

Reactions: BWAF and Remington

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Will the 18's still heat the cup holder area? If so, what mod works best to eliminate that?
I put a hood scoop on mine. Dash heat was so bad I was pretty sure it would've burned out or at least shortened the life of my instrument cluster. Could barely hold your finger on it. Hood scoop eliminates all that heat and blows ambient air through the shifter gates.

Last edited:
Reactions: FoMoCo and BWAF
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I put a hood scoop on mine. Dash heat was so bad I was prety sure it would've burned out or at least shortened the life of my instrument cluster. Could barely hold your finger on it. Hood scoop eliminates all that heat and blows ambient air through the shifter gates.
Hood scoop? Tell me more... got photos?

Reactions: FoMoCo and BWAF

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's a Jeep cowl scoop. eBay search "Black ABS Air Intake Jeep" and it should come up. Also available in white. $15.49

Reactions: jinx and BWAF
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!