BOX1

P1000 Am I crazy?

T

Traderdell

Apr 16, 2020
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We currently have a Kubota X900 that’s three years old. We bought it to work around the place and we did but now we really only use it to take the dogs for rides around the property. It’s big, top heavy, loud and not much fun. I’d like something quieter(the X900 Is diesel), with more speed and more fun. We‘ll only use it around the place for light yard work and again taking the dogs down to the pond. In reality a golf cart would probably do the trick but I want a new SXS and I’m thinking the P1000 would be pretty nice to have. I know this isn’t the best place to ask but is the P1000 overkill?

TIA, Gregg

MikeyXX

MikeyXX

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2019
Oro-Medonte, Ontario, Can
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes and no. If you can afford the p1k it should work great even if you choose to explore.

I have a rtv900. 2008ish diesel. I also have the 1k. I find the Honda does it all. The kubota just sits until plowing time this winter.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have a Kubota RTV 900 and it's the motorized wheelbarrow who's top speed is 35mph going downhill. it has taken a beating but still keeps moving. Not a sporty machine. Definitely utilitarian in nature. Not something I'd want in a Max Max world. I do appreciate it's hauling capacity for the farm and the hydraulic dump rocks but, it ain't no Honda. I would take a beat up RTV 900 over a POS Polaris though. P500 was a major upgrade in adventure. The 1000 has it's own imaginary space portal that bends time and serves perfect cheeseburgers all at the outhouse at the end of the galaxy. No, you're not crazy, but I might know someone who is.....

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!