ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have 14 rounds of 9mm FMJ. Would be willing to sell for $275. No lowballs, I know what I have!!!!

Seriously tho.... WTF. Why on earth is it so hard to get this stuff? It's crazy. Is it from all the BLM riots? Is it from the coming regime change? Is that really going to drive demand that much???

Pretty irritating.

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I've just quit going to the range since this crap's been going on. Sitting on my supplies til the storm passes.
Yeah, obviously other than hunting I haven't been doing any shooting. It's good to stay in practice though and as long as this continues I won't be able to.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
I've just quit going to the range since this crap's been going on. Sitting on my supplies til the storm passes.
^^^^THIS^^^^

Ammo manufacturers are producing as fast as they can. Avoid the folks that are price gouging (we don't need ammo that bad). The MFG's are not using there prices to the distributors. We should see inventory pick up a little at a time throughout 2021 but it will be years before it is restocked fully and at normal prices.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the article!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
^^^^THIS^^^^

Ammo manufacturers are producing as fast as they can. Avoid the folks that are price gouging (we don't need ammo that bad). The MFG's are not using there prices to the distributors. We should see inventory pick up a little at a time throughout 2021 but it will be years before it is restocked fully and at normal prices.

Saw something a couple weeks ago where Remington had hired like 200 more people in their ammo plant. Said they needed to be trained yet but like you said, they're pumping it out as quick as they can and are even trying to ramp up production.

Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Saw something a couple weeks ago where Remington had hired like 200 more people in their ammo plant. Said they needed to be trained yet but like you said, they're pumping it out as quick as they can and are even trying to ramp up production.
And they can't simply open a new ammo plant. The red tape for that is ridiculous and takes over 5 years to get approval only.

D

donia

Sep 25, 2020
Miss’ippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Record gun sales to brand new, never before, first time gun owners, due to the unrest in the last year = ammo to erase that awful gun fear with. So, along with our normal range time "needs", another few million are buying for their new found needs.
Hoarders + regulars + newbies = no stock of ammo on the store shelves.....not the same as stored ammo stock, mind you.

Wallace

Wallace

Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500

Remington used to run 3 shifts here at the Lonoke Ar. Plant. but I see the parking lot empty @ 4 o'clock every day.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
^^^^THIS^^^^

I'm putting a new Winners string on my bow, think I'm kidding, nope! Imagine you with a hand gun and another with a bow facing each other at 50 yards, the broad head is pretty intimidating and you can retrieve your ammo. When the water warms up I'll go get my guns that were lost in the boating accident

Wallace

Wallace

Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I'm putting a new Winners string on my bow, think I'm kidding, nope! Imagine you with a hand gun and another with a bow facing each other at 50 yards, the broad head is pretty intimidating and you can retrieve your ammo. When the water warms up I'll go get my guns that were lost in the boating accident
Yeah that arrow would put the hurt to ya.

Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Should have went with an ABB bowstring;)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Should have went with an ABB bowstring;)
The Winners have been good to me, fire 5 arrows point blank into a target, sight it in and good for at least a year and that's shooting a lot, never had to chase a Winners string, when they go off, time for a new string.