P500 AMS M1 Evil tires on a P5

Cyborg

Cyborg

Jun 12, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
Went to the Honda dealer the other day to look at tires. Was leaning Terrabite, Rock-A-Billy, or Rip Saw, and then ........ I saw the M1 Evil!!!

It is about $25-$40 more per tire than those other 3, depending on front or rear, but it looks B.A. like it would take the machine anywhere you want to go. Really thinking about putting a set of 26x9x14s on the front and 26x11x14s on the rear of my P5. Would probably mount them on a set of Raceline wheels.

I've seen some posts on this forum where members have put these tires on P700s and P1000s, but I couldn't find any posts where anyone has ran em on a P500. Maybe I missed those posts, but I'd like to ask if anyone has tried em on a P500? If so, how'd they do?

Reactions: 500oneer
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Can't say but put Terrabites on my P5 and lovem .

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Can't remember seeing anyone put Evil's on a P5. Probably bc they're 14's, which not many have went with due to the rougher ride caused by short sidewall. It does open up the selection of tires available going that route though. I wanted the Carnivore's but could only get them for 14's so I passed.

Cyborg

Cyborg

Jun 12, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
Can't remember seeing anyone put Evil's on a P5. Probably bc they're 14's, which not many have went with due to the rougher ride caused by short sidewall. It does open up the selection of tires available going that route though. I wanted the Carnivore's but could only get them for 14's so I passed.
I was concerned about the stiffer ride of 14s vs. 12s, too. However, the tech at my Honda dealer, who's been straight with me in the past, told me that the Evils ride smoother than many of the other aftermarket tires. I'm also wondering if by going to 14s and having less sidewall it would reduce the chance of a sidewall puncture out on the trail.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!