P1000m5 And so it begins.........AKA draining of the wallet!

Rincon

Rincon

Jul 27, 2017
Yuba City, North California.State Of Jefferson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I bought my 2017 P1k5 about a month ago now. Already have about 500 miles on Little Pepe! First install was the rear lights, now I have a Superwinch Terra 45 coming. Going to build a custom gun rack for my boys, they shoot competitive shotgun for there high school. Brother in Law is building a custom spare tire carrier for when we are hunting. Next is going to be a switch panel and dual batteries. Going to extend the breather lines too. It stinks that I want to do so much, but don't have the time! Thanks you to all who have posted How To's! Also, are the Fox shocks worth the money? I see some guy's just running them in the front?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I bought my 2017 P1k5 about a month ago now. Already have about 500 miles on Little Pepe! First install was the rear lights, now I have a Superwinch Terra 45 coming. Going to build a custom gun rack for my boys, they shoot competitive shotgun for there high school. Brother in Law is building a custom spare tire carrier for when we are hunting. Next is going to be a switch panel and dual batteries. Going to extend the breather lines too. It stinks that I want to do so much, but don't have the time! Thanks you to all who have posted How To's! Also, are the Fox shocks worth the money? I see some guy's just running them in the front?
Your deffinently headed in the right direction. Yes the fox are worth it.

J

JTW

Lol.. and it begins!
I tried to hold off on shocks.. I questioned if they were worth it. but after doing fronts and riding once I ordered rears.
I think it depends on your riding style, speed and area. If it's rocky, rough and you roll fast. They're totally worth it!

Reactions: jawquin and Rincon
K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol.. and it begins!
I tried to hold off on shocks.. I questioned if they were worth it. but after doing fronts and riding once I ordered rears.
I think it depends on your riding style, speed and area. If it's rocky, rough and you roll fast. They're totally worth it!
Would you say its "night and day" ? My wife was complaining the other day about getting jostled around and wanted to know why buddy wasnt getting bumped around as bad in his rzr1000 xp. Im trying to "explain" to her why i at least need the front set of Fox shocks. Also, did it make the same amount of ride improvement when you put the back set on as the front?? Im assuming they dont self level after that..

J

JTW

Would you say its "night and day" ? My wife was complaining the other day about getting jostled around and wanted to know why buddy wasnt getting bumped around as bad in his rzr1000 xp. Im trying to "explain" to her why i at least need the front set of Fox shocks. Also, did it make the same amount of ride improvement when you put the back set on as the front?? Im assuming they dont self level after that..
Backs will be here tomorrow.. with just the fronts it's far better. But I feel all the chatter and shiftiness in the rear now. The fronts show you how bad the backs are. It's true! No, the backs aren't self leveling but you can adjust the preload for your desired ride height and then stiffen them when under load.

J

JTW

Now they won't be the suspension that the razor is as it's not a sport machine. We're twice the weight and with less suspension travel.

Reactions: nbomar
Rincon

Rincon

Jul 27, 2017
Yuba City, North California.State Of Jefferson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update, rear lights - check. Superwinch Terra 45 bought and sitting in the garage, EMP winch mount on the way! Going to build a gun rack for my boy's for sporting clays next I think. Really am starting to get shock envy from some of the posts I'm reading!

Reactions: elkguide and JTW
advertisement
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Update, rear lights - check. Superwinch Terra 45 bought and sitting in the garage, EMP winch mount on the way! Going to build a gun rack for my boy's for sporting clays next I think. Really am starting to get shock envy from some of the posts I'm reading!

It's only money!!!!!!!!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!