100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Night Stalker Scared the Fook outa me as a kid! as well as a few other very vivd horror flicks and of course there's this one from my childhood. I also remember some horror turtle movie that ate peoples bones leaving only flesh...I never did care for being scared as a kid. Now I go to sleep nearly every night listening to Bigfoot encounter stories and some aren't all that pleasant.

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
It may be an our generation thing but I agree with “The Exorcist” being one of the top ones.
“The Conjuring” movies are good ones as well. I watched “The Descent” and it’s sequel not long ago and actually liked them more than I expected

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well...that King guy again...
I was always impressed with the original Salem's lot. The TV version from the 70's with the Starsky and Hutch guy. Very creepy visual when kids start floating outside the 2nd story window. The impressive part is that this was a TV movie with virtually no blood whatsoever.

The original Amityville Horror was good.

I kinda agree with @ohanacreek in that Aliens, Vampires, and killer Ewoks (aka Gremlins) aren't really "horror" to me. Aliens, for example, is one of my all time favs...but i can't say it was scary. The paranormal stuff...well, i think we can all agree that there are forces we don't see or understand. Having you as the target...thats scary!!!

@Plumber32 after you posted Pet Sematary thing, i must confess i had forgotten most of the differences between the movie and the book, so i did some research and it brought back some of the truly eerie stuff that was in that book, and unfortunately, the movie omits lots of this. King himself has said it was the scariest book he has ever written...to the point that he didn't want to finish it. I thought the movie was good...but the book is levels above, as they usually are.

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
I used to be a hardcore King reader but eventually fell off a little as did he imo.
I totally agree on Pet Cemetery, I had read the book well before the movie and felt a little let down while watching it. Don’t get me wrong the movie is well worth the watch, but the book took you way darker lol

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well...that King guy again...
I was always impressed with the original Salem's lot. The TV version from the 70's with the Starsky and Hutch guy. Very creepy visual when kids start floating outside the 2nd story window. The impressive part is that this was a TV movie with virtually no blood whatsoever.

The original Amityville Horror was good.

I kinda agree with @ohanacreek in that Aliens, Vampires, and killer Ewoks (aka Gremlins) aren't really "horror" to me. Aliens, for example, is one of my all time favs...but i can't say it was scary. The paranormal stuff...well, i think we can all agree that there are forces we don't see or understand. Having you as the target...thats scary!!!

@Plumber32 after you posted Pet Sematary thing, i must confess i had forgotten most of the differences between the movie and the book, so i did some research and it brought back some of the truly eerie stuff that was in that book, and unfortunately, the movie omits lots of this. King himself has said it was the scariest book he has ever written...to the point that he didn't want to finish it. I thought the movie was good...but the book is levels above, as they usually are.
Never read the book but I was scared to the point I wouldn't sleep in my own bed I was 3rd or 4th grade! The kid getting hit by the semi did it for me. Now having kids I can't watch shat!

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Never read the book but I was scared to the point I wouldn't sleep in my own bed I was 3rd or 4th grade! The kid getting hit by the semi did it for me. Now having kids I can't watch shat!

That movie scene was tame compared to the book. That segment was rough too take in both though

Reactions: Plumber32
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I used to be a hardcore King reader but eventually fell off a little as did he imo.
I totally agree on Pet Cemetery, I had read the book well before the movie and felt a little let down while watching it. Don’t get me wrong the movie is well worth the watch, but the book took you way darker lol
I'm actually not a big book reader. PS just happens to be one of the few books I've read. Dark is the word!

Yes...and i think thats the secret of the book. Terrible human misery combined with supernatural horror. In the movie, Gage comes back all evil and s***.. Now imagine Gage telling Judd (who had a wife in the book) he saw his wife "burning in hell", and then speaking to him in her voice, talking about how she and his friends were laughing at him while she was banging them. Sounds like a good read, huh? That King is a twisted MoFo...

Reactions: jinx and Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm actually not a big book reader. PS just happens to be one of the few books I've read. Dark is the word!

Yes...and i think thats the secret of the book. Terrible human misery combined with supernatural horror. In the movie, Gage comes back all evil and s***.. Now imagine Gage telling Judd (who had a wife in the book) he saw his wife "burning in hell", and then speaking to him in her voice, talking about how she and his friends were laughing at him while she was banging them. Sounds like a good read, huh? That King is a twisted MoFo...
The scapul through the accallies was pretty nasty!

Reactions: DG Rider
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2

Great! Look what you guys have done. You have caused me to consider reading a book! Damn you guys! LOL!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Can't wait until the next time you have to bury an animal afterwards.
Do you bury in the woods nearby...or keep going further....
Hillary’s back yard. Maybe she’ll change her view on assault weapons afterwards.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So do we have one that's out in front yet?

Exorcist 1

The anticipation is killing me.

Exorcist

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!