DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did this with westerns a few months back. In honor of Halloween stuff being put in stores two months early, what did you consider the greatest horror movie of all time?

A disclaimer: I don't really watch many movies anymore, so i've never seen more recent contenders like The Conjuring. Still, i don't see any movie ever eclipsing The Exorcist in this regard...

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
it's why I sleep with a flamethrower every night. comforting caress of cold steel.....

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
House or Children of the corn! Maleki

On the TV side I used to get pretty freaked by some twilight zones when I was a kid.
Forgot about that show it was really good!

Reactions: Farmer
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
When my son was around 12 yrs old he spent the night at a friends and said they had watched 13 Ghosts. I asked him if it scared him and he said 'horror movies don't scare me, it's just a movie'. I told him the Exorcist would scare the sh** out of him and of course he said 'no way'. He made it about half way through and wouldn't even take a piss by himself for a couple of months. Of course I caught hell from his mom for even letting him watch it. He's 24 now and said he's still and has no desire to ever see the rest of it, lol!
PS...I wouldn't call Hostile scary but I found it deeply disturbing.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When my son was around 12 yrs old he spent the night at a friends and said they had watched 13 Ghosts. I asked him if it scared him and he said 'horror movies don't scare me, it's just a movie'. I told him the Exorcist would scare the sh** out of him and of course he said 'no way'. He made it about half way through and wouldn't even take a piss by himself for a couple of months. Of course I caught hell from his mom for even letting him watch it. He's 24 now and said he's still and has no desire to ever see the rest of it, lol!
PS...I wouldn't call Hostile scary but I found it deeply disturbing.

Movies like the Thing or Exorcist (body snatchers was too mellow) that have some other worldly "thing" that you can't tell is there cause its in someone you know make for a good horror movie to me.
Snakes, Spiders, flying sharks, dinos, aliens, reptilian nazis at the south pole, don't do it for me I laugh at the ridiculousness of most of the horror movies.Only real difference is the quality of the CGI.

J

JTW

So my brother is 13 years older than me... he and his high school friends would get together and watch scary movies and as just a little feller I had to watch them too. Freddy Kruger was my arch nemesis. Chucky, grimlins, It, they all f***ed with me in various ways.

Some other good ones.. Texas chainsaw massacre, Michale Meyers, Jason. There have been several religious type horror flicks that were pretty good. It all depends on the age when you are when you see them.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Alien was the best one. Not some fake doll come to life or somthing religious that I didn’t buy in to but somthing truly unknown. I remember camping in the desert when the sky was super clear and wondering if they could see me.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The Grey was really rough on my daughter.
She was about 7 when we put her to bed partway through it. Apparently woke up and watched it later. Was ok for awhile but one night in the woods we heard a wolf making hurt animal noises close to camp probably calling the dogs in. She jumped up scared to death and ran into the bus knowing better.
Let’s just say it took forever before she was comfortable in a tent.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Deliverance.... when Ned Beatty ran into @joeymt33 and his brother, they treated him like a pig.... that scares me. I mean I know the guy first hand but I'll say his other brother plays a mean banjo!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!