CANCELED - The 2020 PIONEER TAKEOVER - A Honda SxS Club, Group Ride! April 24th & 25th, 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Trying to talk my wife or a buddy into making the trek from Michigan... Read through this thread and it sounds like it‘d be an awesome time! We ride a lot of sandrails up here primarily. My 700’s a workhorse around the property but I’d love to put it through the gauntlet at Royal Blue. I don’t post a lot but lurk plenty, you all seem like a worthy group to share a beer or 6 with!
c mon there will be plenty of people to talk to.
Yah..... c'mon..... We're making the trip from the U.P.!!!!!

J

JTW

Trying to talk my wife or a buddy into making the trek from Michigan... Read through this thread and it sounds like it‘d be an awesome time! We ride a lot of sandrails up here primarily. My 700’s a workhorse around the property but I’d love to put it through the gauntlet at Royal Blue. I don’t post a lot but lurk plenty, you all seem like a worthy group to share a beer or 6 with!
I promise, if you come, so will I!!

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just spoke with RRB who operates the RRB, The Ridges and Eagle campgrounds. As of right now all cabins and campsites are booked at RRB and The Ridges. Eagle has plenty of tent sites and 30 RV sites available. All cabins at Eagle are fully booked. I will get updates of any cancellations and post them as I get them. in the meantime it would be best to call RRB as they do all the booking for all three sites.

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just spoke with RRB who operates the RRB, The Ridges and Eagle campgrounds. As of right now all cabins and campsites are booked at RRB and The Ridges. Eagle has plenty of tent sites and 30 RV sites available. All cabins at Eagle are fully booked. I will get updates of any cancellations and post them as I get them. in the meantime it would be best to call RRB as they do all the booking for all three sites.
what about Stinking Creek Campground next door, I think it is for campers only but I have not heard any mention of that on this forum ??? I reserved a camping spot there,,, anyone ever stay there???

Reactions: 906UP
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
what about Stinking Creek Campground next door, I think it is for campers only but I have not heard any mention of that on this forum ??? I reserved a camping spot there,,, anyone ever stay there???
That is an option. Don't know much about them. Looks like a nice place though. They are located between RRB and the Ridges. They are not owned or operated by RRB.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Any updates on current conditions with all the rain "y'all" been getting? We're heading down the 1st week of March for lil' 906UP's spring break.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Any updates on current conditions with all the rain "y'all" been getting? We're heading down the 1st week of March for lil' 906UP's spring break.
No I didn't ask about trail conditions. My guess is they are bit rough and rutted. Usually are the time of the year and especially with all the rain we've had. I haven't been there since November the same weekend you where there I think.

Reactions: Mudwing and 906UP
z4abraha

z4abraha

Jun 5, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Been reading up on Royal Blue and watching some YouTube vids... I bought my 700 used as a property/hunting workhorse more than an off-roading toy. With that said, if I can swing the trip is there anything that would keep my pretty much stock machine from keeping up on the trail system there?

I’ve done a lot of off-roading including Drummond Island in northern Michigan... Some of it looks pretty comparable in difficulty/machine destroying ability and that makes me question whether or not a near stock 700 can hold its own. Any thoughts? It looks like I’ll be coming down solo if I can make it and will be looking to ride with some of the less experienced groups to get my feet wet before pushing it too hard either way.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
D9D87D3C AA58 4062 9935 026AE6BA42A2

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Been reading up on Royal Blue and watching some YouTube vids... I bought my 700 used as a property/hunting workhorse more than an off-roading toy. With that said, if I can swing the trip is there anything that would keep my pretty much stock machine from keeping up on the trail system there?

I’ve done a lot of off-roading including Drummond Island in northern Michigan... Some of it looks pretty comparable in difficulty/machine destroying ability and that makes me question whether or not a near stock 700 can hold its own. Any thoughts? It looks like I’ll be coming down solo if I can make it and will be looking to ride with some of the less experienced groups to get my feet wet before pushing it too hard either way.
Do it!!!! A lot of people from Michigan going this year.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Stay off trail 9 and 26 and u should be fine. All the other trails u may occasionally get stuck if u pick the wrong line but u should be fine.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I've got a gentleman in a bone stock 700-4 joining my wife and I this year. You will be fine. No one will leave you stranded or broken anywhere.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Is there some sort of a list of events/rides happening for that weekend? Or do we just kinda go with the flow when we get there?
Pretty much go with the flow. There will be some loosely organized rides by terrain difficulty and time ( full day / half day ) etc. Its pretty much go with what you want to experience, scenery and easy riding or challenging riding. Rides can vary from 40 miles to 120 just depends on what people want.

This will be our 5th year at this location and a few dozen members know the area very well. There is about 300,000 acres with over 1500 miles of trails to explore. There will typically be a posting of what groups are intending to ride, it all depends upon weather, possible breakdowns, etc. That always comes into play, so it never ends up being a concrete route. We have radio communications and adjust as necessary to give people a good experience and help those who may have mechanical problems, which is rare and usually self imposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!