swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I really liked the Honda oem bed extender,But I didn't like the price....Happyhonda made one out of PVC and it looked great......Soooooo I did some thinking and I decided to go with steel......But I didn't have the right material or a bender set up yet......Scott put some pics up a while back for me.......Anyway at work I had a bunch of 3 inch pumps with the pumps and motors shot....I cut into pieces and welded them up....drilled out for the top cable and used a longer bolt...I painted it and im very happy with it...Hope it will inspire others to build.....

0701152110 0701151956d 0701152108

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nice @swsebek,
A little taller then the OEM one. That means it will hold more stuff.
The mounting location is simple enough. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: sxs2015
HappyHonda

HappyHonda

May 12, 2015
wow!!!! @swsebek that looks factory made!! yours makes mine look like kids play, great work! jeeze I might have to take my pictures down after seeing this haha have you loaded it up with anything yet? I'm sure you can fit quite a bit more things in there with the extra height

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
I love seeing stuff like this! So much better than spending too much.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks great swsebek! The extender ideas are great! Keep them flowing in. Also would like to see some ideas for simple flat roofs .:)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!