P1000 Another Novice 2nd Battery Install Thread

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Backwoods of northern Michigan
It’s really just a style choice. Just pick the ones you like. I liked the look of the L series but I went with the V series because they have a 3 position DPDT switch and the L series doesn’t.
You use the 3 pos DPDT for the switchable power source like I have or for on/off/auto backup lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you friend,
I have everything sitting on the bench (fuse block,lights,stinger,volt meter, usb power and pioneer switch panel), already have dual battery installed (thanks to all of yous). Will order switches this week and get things finished up.

Thanks again for all the great info.

Reactions: CID and TripleB
JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finished my dual battery install a few minutes ago. The expertise, patience, and dedication to helping me thru this of the folks on this forum made it happen. I cannot thank you guys enough for guiding me through it. JoeyL's electrical drawings should be a sticky. I never really got it until I saw them. You guys rock. Thanks

Glad to hear you got it done.

Reactions: Papaandhistoys
Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
here is the updated diagram

i think i got everything set up right this time.

also just FYI, i used one of these (becuase i had them) as my "accessory bus"
orange things are levers, and you just insert your wires and lock them down.
Amazon.com : wago lever nut

something like this will be better/smaller to connect the key on power to the switches / winch / relay
View attachment 204693

Ok JoeyL, would you by chance have a drawing of the 7pin on off on switch (from otr)?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok JoeyL, would you by chance have a drawing of the 7pin on off on switch (from otr)?

173950 912bfcb0eadebd177022897bbce50e8b

Green is negative. Red to your 2nd battery. Yellow from key on power source. Purple to your relay/stinger. I had a stinger die after 1 year. Im using a different relay now.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Nothing goes to them but when u flip the switch it sends power through those. Thats what gives u all off, key on only, and key off power.

Reactions: Papaandhistoys
advertisement
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the info my friend
Got everything wired up(2 days later,UGH)and all works great. I didn’t know if the the 1&3 post had anything to do with jumping to the other switches.

You're welcome. I struggled with figuring this all out even with all the info on this site. Thats why I try to reply with the things that just kinda made me understand all of it. I'm a true believer in giving back. This site has helped me tremendously and I try and give back any chance I get.

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
You're welcome. I struggled with figuring this all out even with all the info on this site. Thats why I try to reply with the things that just kinda made me understand all of it. I'm a true believer in giving back. This site has helped me tremendously and I try and give back any chance I get.

Yes it is very overwhelming for sure! I can’t tell you how many post I’ve read and videos I’ve watch in the last month trying to figure out a how to and material list(switches,wire size, locations of where to put everything), way to much overthinking, lol. This is just a great forum and a great bunch of, always willing to help individuals.

I have to also say that if you hang around on here to long it could really get into your bank account(so many different mods that I’ve learned about) and I’m that guy that just can’t leave anything alone,

Reactions: TripleB
JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks @TripleB for picking up my slack.
I was boiling crawfish yesterday with some friends and didn’t really pay attention to anything electronic (nice to have those days sometimes).

@Papaandhistoys glad to hear you got it going.

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
View attachment 206527
Green is negative. Red to your 2nd battery. Yellow from key on power source. Purple to your relay/stinger. I had a stinger die after 1 year. Im using a different relay now.

Hey there, you wouldn’t by chance have a drawing of a 5 pin switch laying around would you? OTR switch, bar on bottom and symbol on top.

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
it really depends on the switches you have. they can be set up a couple different ways
here is a switch diagram i marked up to show one way to do it. it uses the incoming power from each circuit to power the switch lights

you could also use the same feed from the fuse block that i used to feed the meter relay and winch keyed power to feed the lights in the switches. in that case you would just jumper terminal 6 between all the switches.

View attachment 204662

Hey there friend
I wired my switch to lights according to this drawing but I get no switch lights at all! Rear lights come on and off with switch but again no upper or lower light on switch itself. Any ideas?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey there, you wouldn’t by chance have a drawing of a 5 pin switch laying around would you? OTR switch, bar on bottom and symbol on top.

I dont have anything on my phone. My switches came with the diagram. The 5 pins were kinda easy to figure out but I cant remember how they are set up.

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
I dont have anything on my phone. My switches came with the diagram. The 5 pins were kinda easy to figure out but I cant remember how they are set up.

I’m trying to wire it so bar is on with key and upper light is on when I turn the switch on.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!