sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I live in Canada, specifically Nova Scotia. I am looking for a 1000-5 Deluxe. If I go to the US and pick it up, it is about $2k cheaper for the Deluxe or about $4k less for the LE. (they want $22,500 USD delivered for a Deluxe here).
  1. Is the warranty still valid?
  2. Do I have to pay duty when I cross the border? Or is enough of it made in the US to qualify as duty-free?
  3. I assume I would just pay the HST when I register it?
  4. Are dealerships in the US dealing, or just charging straight up MSRP like up here?
Thanks,
~Shea M

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nowhere near the Canadian border- Nevada. Our dealers here are charging MSRP + destination fee $600 or thereabouts. I saw one dealer back east asking a couple of thou' more than MSRP+. With low stock and people waiting, it's a seller's market like none other I've ever seen in my 3/4 of a century on the planet.

Sorry, can't speak to your Canadian centric questions.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I live in Canada, specifically Nova Scotia. I am looking for a 1000-5 Deluxe. If I go to the US and pick it up, it is about $2k cheaper for the Deluxe or about $4k less for the LE. (they want $22,500 USD delivered for a Deluxe here).
  1. Is the warranty still valid?
  2. Do I have to pay duty when I cross the border? Or is enough of it made in the US to qualify as duty-free?
  3. I assume I would just pay the HST when I register it?
  4. Are dealerships in the US dealing, or just charging straight up MSRP like up here?
Thanks,
~Shea M
Yes to all!

R

rickoshea

i'd double check on the warranty.i almost bought a boat a few years ago from a dealer in seattle but yamaha wouldn't warranty their motor but alumacraft would warranty the hull.i'd go to the source ie:NOT the dealer/salesman.the salesman told me it all would be covered,yamaha said nope.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
No dealers are "dealing", as most incoming machines have deposits on them, there a line of people waiting to put deposits on them as the dealer orders them, and any that just show up at a dealer "no deposits, no backlog of names) usually don't last 48 hours before they are sold. Most dealers are charging MSRP, $895 destination/delivery, $400+ for dealer prep, and $200+ for doc fees. I've likely called 50+ in the last couple of weeks. Most laugh when I ask about any 1000-5 units in stock OR due in that are not already under deposit.

Reactions: ChadD
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!