Any of you guys know about Harman pellet stoves?

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I own a Harman P68 serial # 286897.

My lower door on the front, the one that gives you access to the ash pan just fell off when cleaning the stove.

The little male tab that the female door hinge hangs onto broke off.

Harman and the local dealer have tried to help but no one has given me a part number or solution.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The picture is the lower one with the nub still attached, the top one broke and is hard to get a clear photo of.

Hinge pivot

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Tried welding it on?
I don't have a welder but am considering trying JB Weld. I would really just like to get the part though, or a fix that is known.

It's hard to believe a company like Harman has no answers.

stobiadas

stobiadas

Apr 12, 2021
K0E1X0
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sounds like a poorly done weld in the first place. Picture is not clear but stove parts are usually all welded together. I doubt JB weld will work.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sounds like a poorly done weld in the first place. Picture is not clear but stove parts are usually all welded together. I doubt JB weld will work.
It's actually just a folded piece of metal with a notch cut for the hanging tab. Looks like it is bolted to the body.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Reproduce the part then. Surprised the stove manufacturer doesn’t have replacement part
Exactly right, I will probably do it over the summer. The door is functional with some aluminum duct tape holding that corner tight.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That pic isn't good at all, nice knotty pine tho!
Hard to give advice with that lol.
I have a wood stove, and buddy's with pellet stoves,
I would never use JB on that kind of heat anyplace. Good time to learn how to weld don't you think? Lol

Reactions: Farmer and Jerryg
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That pic isn't good at all, nice knotty pine tho!
Hard to give advice with that lol.
I have a wood stove, and buddy's with pellet stoves,
I would never use JB on that kind of heat anyplace. Good time to learn how to weld don't you think? Lol
I know how to weld, I just don't have a welder. It's hard for me to get a good picture because it's dark and low to the ground. The ash box doesn't get nearly as hot as the burn box.

Here is a pic of what the whole stove looks like.

Harman P68 black

Harman should not make parts for these things that are not replaceable.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I know how to weld,
NP, the initial post made it sound like u didnt know how.
Harman should not make parts for these things that are not replaceable.
Well…unfortunately thats why pellet and wood stove manufactures dont stay in business long. They either make a few and go out or make a model for a short time then start a new model and don't carry 1/2 if not all the parts anymore fir there old models. same goes for gas insert fireplaces. Thats why my co and 99% of other HVAC co’s do not service them cuz of parts availability. Just cant count on them to have it. Stove/fireplace manufacturers dont fall under the same guidelines as HVAC equip Where as HVAC manufactures after discontinuing a model have to make parts available for them for 5-8 yrs afterwords.
Sucks but thats just the way it is!!

Reactions: Jerryg
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
NP, the initial post made it sound like u didnt know how.

Well…unfortunately thats why pellet and wood stove manufactures dont stay in business long. They either make a few and go out or make a model for a short time then start a new model and don't carry 1/2 if not all the parts anymore fir there old models. same goes for gas insert fireplaces. Thats why my co and 99% of other HVAC co’s do not service them cuz of parts availability. Just cant count on them to have it. Stove/fireplace manufacturers dont fall under the same guidelines as HVAC equip Where as HVAC manufactures after discontinuing a model have to make parts available for them for 5-8 yrs afterwords.
Sucks but thats just the way it is!!
The best wood stove I ever had was called the Ole No 7, wasn't pretty, but it could run you out, no catalytic converter, flue damper, air inlet controls and a squirrel cage fan on the back to blow air through the heat camber and out the front of the stove

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
The best wood stove I ever had was called the Ole No 7, wasn't pretty, but it could run you out, no catalytic converter, flue damper, air inlet controls and a squirrel cage fan on the back to blow air through the heat camber and out the front of the stove

Barrel stove kit.. cheap. Will sweat you out. You can load the snot out of it. Holds mega bed of coals....etc etc...

KIMG0035

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've got a double in my shop, works great! You got sand in the barrel?

Negative. Just keep a layer of ash in there. We ran one in the dining room of our old farmhouse for years. Wife got tired of how it looked so we bought a fancy woodburner for $1k. It didn't heat near as much and had the temper of a 2yr old kid.

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Negative. Just keep a layer of ash in there. We ran one in the dining room of our old farmhouse for years. Wife got tired of how it looked so we bought a fancy woodburner for $1k. It didn't heat near as much and had the temper of a 2yr old kid.
The sand works great, its holds and emits heat for a long time even when the fire has burnt out and make ash removal real easy.

Reactions: Farmer
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
The sand works great, its holds and emits heat for a long time even when the fire has burnt out and make ash removal real easy.

Makes sense......my fire doesn't got out until around May though. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Harman has been around a long time. My BIL had a Harman coal stove for years and years. Sounds like they have gone downhill.

On Edit: A quick search shows they were bought out in 2007:(
This stove has been in service for almost 10 years without any problems. If they had the part I needed, I would continue to enjoy the product.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did you check ebay? Seems like it's the thing to do these days....is part stuff out..... "oh, my polaris got a flat......I'll part it out on ebay"

LOL!!!!!

Seriously...there might be a seller on there that can get the part for you.

Reactions: Jerryg

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!