Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been working on remodeling my new to me ice house and was trying to come up with ideas for something that could be used for Atving, camping and fishing that wasn’t bulky and heavy.

I was really looking hard at a jetboil stove, and nearly pulled the trigger at cabelas, but decided to pick this up from Amazon mainly due to the pack and the positive reviews. Couldn’t help but think that the jetboil seems to really be a boutique item anymore…

Primal Ridge Mammoth 1100ml Portable Solo Backpacking Stove.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KGHTJWP/?tag=sxsweb24-20

In my fish house I’m really trying to keep the weight down so no traditional stove etc. maybe only a microwave (likely not). Likely most meals would be from a bag (freeze dried or prefrozen in a sealed bag) so I need a way to heat water for coffee etc.

I was thinking this little stove would double for emergency winter travel kit as well as a new way for warm meals when riding.

what’s everyone using on the trails, overland etc?

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
This is what I use when backpacking. With all of these little stoves that I’ve used they all work best with a windscreen.
BRS 3000T Backpacking Stove Camping Stove Pocket Stove Portable Propane Stove Ultralight Mini Stove with 1 Extra Backup O-Ring https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H77FV4C?tag=sxsweb24-20

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have been working on remodeling my new to me ice house and was trying to come up with ideas for something that could be used for Atving, camping and fishing that wasn’t bulky and heavy.

I was really looking hard at a jetboil stove, and nearly pulled the trigger at cabelas, but decided to pick this up from Amazon mainly due to the pack and the positive reviews. Couldn’t help but think that the jetboil seems to really be a boutique item anymore…

Primal Ridge Mammoth 1100ml Portable Solo Backpacking Stove.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KGHTJWP/?tag=sxsweb24-20

In my fish house I’m really trying to keep the weight down so no traditional stove etc. maybe only a microwave (likely not). Likely most meals would be from a bag (freeze dried or prefrozen in a sealed bag) so I need a way to heat water for coffee etc.

I was thinking this little stove would double for emergency winter travel kit as well as a new way for warm meals when riding.

what’s everyone using on the trails, overland etc?
Looks like a copy of the Jetboil in the link.

Several of us use Jet boils. There is some cheaper versions of the same I think some have. All seem to work fine. I have Jetboil, but would have went with the cheaper version had I known about it.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Hi,

I've have a pair of MSR Dragonflies as my stove of choice. They heat well, have adjustable flames, and will run on just about anything: white gas, kerosene, diesel, gas, vodka... they are easy to service and are light.

I'm sure there are some that are easier to use and less expensive, but I have never been disappointed with my stoves.

Rob

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We've used a Jet boil in both our P1k5 and Talon and they work very well and quick. Used them camping as well in past years as well.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice!

Can’t really say mine will be leveraged for hiking in a backpackbut I can see why some would choose a particular type or style over another.

Anyone got any action photos and or recommendations on some simple recipes, preferences on freeze dried pouches etc?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just used this a couple months back and it worked flawlessly. I an a newbe to this type of stove and it was very easy to use and maintain.
Screenshot 20221130 181701 Amazon Shopping

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got my little camp stove.

Good grief I was impressed how fast it could boil water!

doing a test run on it in the garage tonight. Seems to be built well.

I did have to adjust the piezoelectric igniter arm down a bit as the arc was going down the porcelain and out to the burner underside, but no biggie.

9BB28690 80FA 4CD8 9176 91F96D4DFD2C

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!