Any One find Rear sway bar mount fix

prostreet66mustang

prostreet66mustang

Dec 6, 2020
Oro Valley (Tucson) Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
For the second race in a row I tore the sway bar plate off the frame. This time it did not break the frame as last time. Yes the first fix was done by a frame shop right and not some kid with a wire feed. It did not remove it self from the welds and the fail point looks more like a shear not something that started and tore apart over time. I have seem others that plate everything around it. and the pipe going up to the under part of the frame and box. This was from just a squared water run off hit. I do not think it was really that hard. Desert racing on 30's and I do not remember pushing that hard as it happen in the first 100 miles with 60 still to go. THX to all

20220225 045751

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
@prostreet66mustang

Double E Racing makes replacement cromoly sway bar mounts that are thicker than stock and also longer so the have more weld surface area.

They are not advertised on the website, you will have to call and talk to George about getting a pair.

Edit: I've seen some people weld tube or plate from the mounts up to the frame above that area to stiffen them up. Unfortunately I can't find any pictures right now...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!