Any one have experience with Kaufman trailers?

Phantomhunter1

Phantomhunter1

Mar 2, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For truck and trailer stability and ease of towing, definitely a gooseneck. Never had a Kaufman trailer so I can't speak to that part.
I agree. If I was doing 30' would definitely go gooseneck if pulling with a 1 ton. Hydraulic Beaver tail or ramps would be great addition as well. I looked at a gooseneck that had a 12k lift capacity Beaver tail. It was nice. They parked a bobcat 770 skid on it to test and it lifted it up to full trailer deck height.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah Texas Pride is not local to me either. I'm in Ohio. They build them in Texas then stack a few up and haul them to a distributor local to your region. Then deliver it. A guy from TN hauled mine to my house. He said he had 2 stacked on mine. I was last stop. Delivery was around $700 a few years ago. This trailer is a tag along. Not gooseneck. They can make it in gooseneck configuration. I didn't want this one to be gooseneck because when I use it I often have bed loaded with rolled tile or something else that need bed space for. This trailer is only 20' tag along and weighs 4400lb and was primarily just for skid or mini excavator. That weight range you mentioned for the gooseneck @ 25' or so sounds about right. Just referencing them because they will build pretty much whatever. You can build it on their website. Only thing i added that wasnt on the was the chain basket and the knee ramps. It's low profile style but deck is still 20"-24" off ground IIRC. It was weighed at local grain elevator for registration but do not remember if deck was on it or not yet. Didn't get the lumber until after trailer was delivered. They only offered pine and in my experience it doesn't hold up as well to heavy equipment as white oak. I oil down my trailer decks with used motor oil in the winter and they last a long time that way. Just slick for a bit.
Ok that makes sense I didn’t pick up on the bumper pull. 4400 for a bumper pull would be about right for that setup.

Reactions: Backwoods
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For truck and trailer stability and ease of towing, definitely a gooseneck. Never had a Kaufman trailer so I can't speak to that part.
Yeah that’s why I’m trying to stay in the goose neck realm. It’s just so much better when pulling long distances ect. I love my aluminum car trailer because it’s light and handy, but I also curse it at times too because it’s light lol.

I would be a perfect trailer for someone with a 1/2 ton who just wanted to fart around with cars and old tractors.

When the f350 pulls it down the interstate the trailer tends to hop at times because it’s so darn light lol. It really gets the attention of the people I’m passing when it happens lol.

Reactions: Backwoods
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am also looking for a gooseneck trailer to haul my equipment. I am using a 24' low deck with side rails. I do no really want a deck over, would rather have a drive over fender type. I like the deck over except the height of my tracktor when loaded.

Want list
. 14k capacity
. 24 to 30' in length

Screenshot 20231129 220008 Facebook 20230224 114631

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!