P500 Any regrets running same size tire all around?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
This last summer up graded to 27x11x12 radials on all four corners and kept the 5-2 rims. Rides soooo much nicer with radials, noticeably smoother....wife commented, so ya know ur on the right track. These with Elka Stage 3s are the best for smoothing out the terrain, pulling logs outta the brush and noticeably better traction ploughing snow too. Steering effort is not noticably harder with same front to rear, mine just touch at near full lock on the front flaps.
j

coyote666

coyote666

Mar 9, 2018
wyoming
Ownership

1. 500
I'm running bighorn originals, My hardest decision of my purchase... It dragged on for a couple of months. Finally I rode on a friends forman on snow. He had done matching all the way around. I was surprised on how well it performed on most terrains. I pulled the trigger on the BH 12x27x12's. I ride on rough high desert, mountain terrain filled with lava rock and obsidian is everywhere just like glass. Knock on wood zero flats and I have pushed every limit possible loaded with elk, moose, sheep deer ect..... Love THE TIRE combo. I have since added a second with the exact setup. Zero,nada not a one regret or down fall. :)View attachment 69152[/QUOTE
That looks awesome. I just got my P500 and want to put something similar on mine. What offset are your wheels? Do you notice any power loss? Did you do the frame cut or do they fit without that?

Reactions: Stacy
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ran 26x9-12 Sedona mud rebel rt’s with 5+2 offset wheels on all four corners and wouldn’t change a thing. Handled great.
B79FBF7F 2440 4D07 94BC 17A9FD1A65D4 CECC15A3 8454 4F53 B496 2B1BB2CFFC48

12luck12

12luck12

Feb 10, 2019
Genesee idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Very interested in exactly what you are running, been thinking about 28x10x12 but wondered if they would fit without frame mod. You stated 14's so that means after market wheels, what's the offset 5+2? What tires are you using and are they actually 28" tall or a little less? I'm looking at the BH 2.0's which run a true 28", don't want to cut the frame.
I have 28x10x12 BH 2.0's on a 5+2 offset no spacers and no frame mods and have never noticed it rub.

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
C

Chuckie3

Sep 17, 2018
New Fairfield ct
Ownership

1. 500
Are the Sedona mud rebel r/t a better ride than the ripsaws trying to choose between the two? Thanks for all the advice

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I run 26 by 11 by 12s with 5-2 wheels on all corners no complains, works awesome. You may wanna build some front mud flaps, have example of what I did in link. Primarily did it to rotate tires for even wear, easier replacement, even ground pressure and smoother ride.

This is how I'll be set up shortly. Wanted to go with 28x10's but I'm convinced they'll rub. Wanted more up front though so I ordered 26x11x12 2.0's for the front. Did a fair amount of reading on the subject and there are pros and cons to both. They say it's harder to steer, more stress on front drive train, more mud throwing and a little more sway when cornering. The advantages are said to be better technical handling, traction, flotation, softer ride, wheel protection and look. Oh yeah and rotation...pretty sure I'll never do it though. I know a lot of you guys are running the skinny's on all four but they look funny as hell on the back of this machine. The wide front looks like it wants to eat!

Back tires Front tires

Measured everything up and I'll be 1" skinnier in the back, going to need 1 1/2" spacers to even out the track width putting me at 56".

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
This is how I'll be set up shortly. Wanted to go with 28x10's but I'm convinced they'll rub. Wanted more up front though so I ordered 26x11x12 2.0's for the front. Did a fair amount of reading on the subject and there are pros and cons to both. They say it's harder to steer, more stress on front drive train, more mud throwing and a little more sway when cornering. The advantages are said to be better technical handling, traction, flotation, softer ride, wheel protection and look. Oh yeah and rotation...pretty sure I'll never do it though. I know a lot of you guys are running the skinny's on all four but they look funny as hell on the back of this machine. The wide front looks like it wants to eat!

View attachment 115938 View attachment 115939

Measured everything up and I'll be 1" skinnier in the back, going to need 1 1/2" spacers to even out the track width putting me at 56".

Thinking when you do the gear change you’ll be happy you stayed with the smaller diameter tire.... hahaaa

Reactions: 906UP and trigger
J

Jack_Burton

Dec 15, 2018
Stoddard Valley
Ownership

1. 500
I am running GBC Dirt Grabbers 27x11x12 on all four corners with 1.5 inch spacers.

I like the set up, I will go with radials next time.

Reactions: trigger
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I am running 26x9x12 5+2 rims on all corners . i also have 1 inch spacers in the back and I like it. makes it pretty close to be even front/rear...as for your trailer, if you go bigger you could deflate your tires if you are carrying a small air compressor?
I am about to pull the trigger on this setup. Which spacer did you go with? (brand) Do you have any photos? Thanks.

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
I run Maxxis big horn 2.0 26-11-12 on all four corners. I went 11” wide for better floatation when crossing floating bogs and tundra here in Alaska. I have been super happy with the set up and have taken the “Pack Mule” places I never thought it would go. Last fall was really wet and we had some mud holes that were up past the top of the tires with serious ruts underneath so you had to go slow; she crawled right through. When going across tundra and bogs I rarely break through the vegetative mat, I like this since it avoids leaving a big mud hole for the next guy and can hide my trail from other hunters when sneaking into my secret spots.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!