P500 Anybody got pics of a p5 with an exhaust snorkel?

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I just got a 2016 P500 and frickin love it! I ran a temporary snorkel on my intake until i can build my permanent one i have in mind. I siliconed everything and ive had water over the dash and up to my shoulders a handful of times now with no problems, but it got me to thinking i would like to snorkel the exhaust too. I dont want to run a snorkel off of the exhaust tip and come up behind the rack a couple of feet. Ive seen that done and dont like how it looks, plus when the front end floats up the snorkel tips back and is begging for water to get in. I want to know if anybody has seen an exhaust stack/snorkel that roughly comes up behind the seats like the traditional airbox snorkel and follows the rollcage tubing up? Im kicking the idea around of doing it and have been trying to find examples. Thanks for any info!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I just got a 2016 P500 and frickin love it! I ran a temporary snorkel on my intake until i can build my permanent one i have in mind. I siliconed everything and ive had water over the dash and up to my shoulders a handful of times now with no problems, but it got me to thinking i would like to snorkel the exhaust too. I dont want to run a snorkel off of the exhaust tip and come up behind the rack a couple of feet. Ive seen that done and dont like how it looks, plus when the front end floats up the snorkel tips back and is begging for water to get in. I want to know if anybody has seen an exhaust stack/snorkel that roughly comes up behind the seats like the traditional airbox snorkel and follows the rollcage tubing up? Im kicking the idea around of doing it and have been trying to find examples. Thanks for any info!

Welcome Bastardchild. I dig the name!
Going deep snorkels makes the best one, IMO. Looks bad ass. Check em out.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hey trigger thanks for the reply. I wasnt asking about intake snorkels though, i was asking if anybody has pics of an exhaust snorkel that runs up the rollcage behind the seats instead of the exhaust snorkels that turn up behind the rear rack and go up. Im thinking of carving up my exhaust header and running it up the passenger side rollcage up to roof level like the intake. I dont want it to be loud and annoying though and i want it to have a professional appearance when im done. Its just something ive been kicking around in my head, might do it, might not. Ive been digging for pics and cant find any. The only pics i can find are the type that turn up behind the rear rack and i dont like that style. Thanks for the welcome! I love this site! :)

Reactions: trigger
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Trigger, btw, you're right about the intake snorkels that goingdeepsnorkels have though. I love the double snorkel look. Im kinda OCD and having one on each side evens things out lol. Thanks again

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Welcome to the forum. I hadn't seen a snorkel for exhaust before, seems it would be restrictive??

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Montecresto, thanks for the reply. They might be restrictive, might not. Not sure. It might end up with less bends in the exhaust header coming off of the engine block and doing a 90° bend and going straight up behind the passenger rollcage than how the stock exhaust is bent snaking through the engine compartment and between the frame exiting out the back. I wouldnt want to run an open header pipe from the engine straight up though, i do want it to be muffled. Possibly with the stock muffler, just in an upright position behind the rollcage at roof height. Maybe with an aftermarket muffler. I would think it would be less bends to do it this way, but i would probably have to add to the length of exhaust pipe some, so maybe it would even out? I wont do it if it looks getto. Im still digging around for pics. Surely im not the first to want to do this. Theres gotta be a pic out there somewhere. I was just hoping to see a couple examples but if i get it in my head im gonna do it, ill wing it if i gotta. Anyway im hitting the rack. Thanks again for the input. :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Montecresto, thanks for the reply. They might be restrictive, might not. Not sure. It might end up with less bends in the exhaust header coming off of the engine block and doing a 90° bend and going straight up behind the passenger rollcage than how the stock exhaust is bent snaking through the engine compartment and between the frame exiting out the back. I wouldnt want to run an open header pipe from the engine straight up though, i do want it to be muffled. Possibly with the stock muffler, just in an upright position behind the rollcage at roof height. Maybe with an aftermarket muffler. I would think it would be less bends to do it this way, but i would probably have to add to the length of exhaust pipe some, so maybe it would even out? I wont do it if it looks getto. Im still digging around for pics. Surely im not the first to want to do this. Theres gotta be a pic out there somewhere. I was just hoping to see a couple examples but if i get it in my head im gonna do it, ill wing it if i gotta. Anyway im hitting the rack. Thanks again for the input. :)
Good deal. And good luck with this mod. Keep us posted on the progress, I'm sure there will be others interested in doing likewise.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!