Anybody Wrap their Talon?

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I need to do something about the looks of my Talon. While I don't mind the multi-colored redneck look myself, sponsors and potential future sponsors probably don't think it's cool so I'm looking to change that. First thing that comes to mind is automotive wrap. It's fairly cheap, easily repaired and something I can do myself at home in my spare time.

Any tips or tricks to applying this stuff?

Any particular brands I should buy/avoid?

Am I dumb for even thinking about this?

20210611 204455

I'd only be wrapping the panels that are currently red along with both doors and the roof. I'm thinking red chrome wrap with satin black stock graphics and sponsor logos.....

Red Super Chrome 1200x1200

Thoughts?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I need to do something about the looks of my Talon. While I don't mind the multi-colored redneck look myself, sponsors and potential future sponsors probably don't think it's cool so I'm looking to change that. First thing that comes to mind is automotive wrap. It's fairly cheap, easily repaired and something I can do myself at home in my spare time.

View attachment 311170

I'd only be wrapping the panels that are currently red along with both doors and the roof. I'm thinking red chrome wrap with satin black stock graphics and sponsor logos.....

View attachment 311171

Thoughts?
Your doors are going to be tricky it you have a design on the wrap. You will need a warm shop, heat gun, a roller, squeegee and a lot of patience.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Your doors are going to be tricky it you have a design on the wrap. You will need a warm shop, heat gun, a roller, squeegee and a lot of patience.
I don't plan to have any graphics printed on the wrap. My thought was to wrap it and then apply decals over the wrap.

I have lots of patience so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the tips!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

View attachment 311170

View attachment 311171

Thoughts?
Have you thought about having Walter do your wrap???

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
How the hell did I not hear about this guy before right now? I should probably venture outside the Talon forum more. 🙄
Haha, yeah, he’s been a vender, and a very good friend for years. He does wraps for dealerships on new SXS’s. Give him a ring, he’s very busy but he can hook you up….😎👍

advertisement
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I got tired of all the green so I did mine with Invision Artworks. They will do just about anything. I special ordered Carbon Fiber and even had them leave their logo off. As far as I know, these kits all use a multi (MANY) piece design so it will leave a little of the original paint showing. It is not too hard to install but the stock doors are a b****. Your doors are pretty flat so they might be able to give you a couple uncut pieces for your doors...

PXL 20210801 155937161

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Graphics Guys did our race car. But their kit is based off a stock Talon.

I believe their also based out of Texas, so maybe they could get something to fit your setup. View attachment 311255

I race with those guys in the Vet class at Texplex. They do bad ass work but their prices are waaay out of my budget. If money wasn't an issue I'd be calling them to get it done.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I race with those guys in the Vet class at Texplex. They do bad ass work but their prices are waaay out of my budget. If money wasn't an issue I'd be calling them to get it done.
Like stated above, see Walter from Creative UTV graphics. Great Guy!
been a vender here from the beginning. Does alot of the stickers for the forum. Did my DTOM and flag for my Pioneer in 16’ and still holding up!
Just tell him what you want and that your a forum regular and that you race your talon! Im sure he‘d love the advertising and really hook you up! Hes that kind of guy! ;)

C

ckeele223

Apr 2, 2019
St. George, Utah
Ownership

1. 700-4

View attachment 311170

View attachment 311171

Thoughts?
I kinda like the Talon the way its set up, but the car looks real gay to me, like some hollywood pimp mobile, maybe its just a generational thing.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
wrighteous

wrighteous

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2014
I noticed you have the inner fenders wrapped. How does the wrap hold up in that area, and how does the wrap hold up overall on a dirt machine?
It holds up great guy that designed mine uses only the best materials it's thick like mx graphics

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!