BOX1

P700 Anyone add a winch to the back of the rollbar?

B

bassadict69

Nov 23, 2020
Benton, La
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone added a winch to the back of the SXS on the upper rollbar to help lift a deer up to load it into the bed? I am thinking some sort of small cheap winch would work...

Reactions: tjoreo
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Might take a look at this thread. I actually made a variance of it and actually used it this last weekend to load a whole cow elk in the back of my rig. The easiest one I've loaded in quite awhile. I just made a bar like it to keep the line from hitting my plastics and to slip through the gap of the open windshield. I passed the line over the middle bar of my 5 seater, tipped the bed and pulled her in until her head was hitting the bar. I then pushed the bed down and away I went. It worked really well for a solo hunter. Hope you are lucky enough to try out what ever you come up with.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've actually done it once when I owned my 700. I just ran the synthetic winch line over the bumper and across the hood. I had to remove my windshield, but I still ran the line over the middle bar. The little pulley system just allows you to keep from rubbing on the bumper and removing the windshield. My wife still has an elk tag in her pocket, so hopefully I get to try it again. Like I said, good luck to you and hope you get to try it out. Keep us posted.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
I was talking to a person in the service department at my local dealer a couple of days ago and he asked me how I used my new 700. I told him one of the things was hunting and he suggested adding a wench to the back roll bar for lifting deer into the back. He said he did it years ago so his dad could load a deer by himself. He said he has used it to load muleys in the back without a problem.

Reactions: Backwoods
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!