P1000 Anyone build their winch mount?

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm going to order a Superwinch Terra 45 next week and am not crazy about mounting it in the "hole" provided by the factory. My idea is to mount it up higher on the outside of the factory bumper. Anyone else done this?

Thanks, Justin

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
There are a handful or so of skilled people around here.
not really much room on the factory bumper without pushing it out and all in the way.
About best one I have seen with factory was a 2" hitch plate installed. Then your winch on a plate. well, that might have been for the 700.
Anyways, I liked that method because you could move it to the rear or even remove all together it if you didnt need it around the house.

Reactions: Eltobgi and JTW
J

JTW

You ordering from Amazon? The Terra's are on sale now... not sure how long that will last. I just ordered the EMP mount.. I like you would like it higher after having it on that strongmade bumper on the p500, I think that's a great place for it..

PS..EMP offers a forum 10% discount.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going to order a Superwinch Terra 45 next week and am not crazy about mounting it in the "hole" provided by the factory. My idea is to mount it up higher on the outside of the factory bumper. Anyone else done this
Thanks, Justin

YES I built mine and installed second fairlead on the bottom for my snow plow rope goes straight down to the plow push tube.
20160613 082514 20160613 082504

Reactions: 1BadDart
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks ofrcboy, I'm going to mount mine in about the same location as yours.

Reactions: ofrcboy
quickfish

quickfish

Sep 14, 2016
Kent, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks ofrcboy, I'm going to mount mine in about the same location as yours.
I took the bumper off, went to harbor freight and bought a 12" 2" receiver tube extension cut it in half took the receiver end and some angle iron and had it welded up. Once it was welded up took and had it all rhino lined. On the other end had the winch plate welded on. Used Anderson clips on the power source so I could remove and plug into the back if need in the back

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!