Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Saw these posted in a 700 thread. Based on the dimensions I'm thinking they might work on the 500 without cutting the cap. Also based on the specs they should be a lot brighter than just the plug and play bulbs. Wondering if anyone else has tried them out before I pull the trigger?

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Looks interesting, lights will be my next purchase! The little bit of night riding I have done has been with a big group and didn’t really notice how bad the lights are. Since hunting season has started I’ve been riding alone at night and I’m really struggling with the stock headlights.

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
After reading a bit on the subject it seems that many different bulbs have been tried but none have really been impressive. It makes me wonder if the real problem is a poorly designed headlight bucket. Years ago I had a truck with horrible headlights regardless of what bulbs I tried, I finally bought complete aftermarket headlights for it and never had problems again.

Reactions: Biteme
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I put these in our snowmobiles, work awesome, we'll see how long they last.

20201113 085919

M

MarkAlan

Dec 10, 2019
Huntsville, AL
Ownership

1. 500
I believe you are correct. This same issue is a known problem on the Toyota Tacoma, and 4 runner. Just changing the bulb, will only help so much. The issue is the projector portion of the bulb housing. The projector is usually tweaked to work with a particular type of bulb, and the only way to get better results is to replace the complete unit.

Reactions: Peter_72
JayPo

JayPo

Somewhat Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Has anyone tried to install projector lenses? With today’s kits it shouldn’t take much to get it to fit. And if I’m correct you could end up having a hi/low setting by adding a switch.

I am intrigued by the projector lens idea. I purchased some LED light bulbs (high power 2800LM 881 889 CREE LED Fog Light Bulb 50W DRL 6000k Xenon White C5 | eBay) and while they look nice from the outside as they are the same white LED color as my LED Lightbar, they produce virtually no visible light for the driver. Way worse than the stock headlights if thats even possible.

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
I agree with your assessment of the LED bulbs. Have the same and they look nice but poor at lighting. A $30 amazon light bar and you're in business

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!