P500 Effective and cheap buggy security for anyone

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
Basic military vehicle lock. Though one end welded. Cutting takes time and makes noise. Police, Insurance report "Yes vehicle was secure"...

20220412 150901 resized 20220412 150921 resized 20220412 150952 resized

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
🤔.........sawzall that center leg of the steering wheel and they're gone in 2 minutes, locks only keep the honest man out.

Best thing you can do is have a good Insurance policy........my 2 cents 🤷‍♂️
It's for deterrence, thieves are opportunists and tend to be cowards and lazy. Most would pass on the 2 mins of sawzall loud noise, and would skip to one less secure. No BS, my Dad was cop for 28 years, plus my many security issues and training in military. I should not need to keep the honest man out. You are totally correct in BEST thing is to have good insurance.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It's for deterrence, thieves are opportunists and tend to be cowards and lazy. Most would pass on the 2 mins of sawzall loud noise, and would skip to one less secure. No BS, my Dad was cop for 28 years, plus my many security issues and training in military. I should not need to keep the honest man out. You are totally correct in BEST thing is to have good insurance.
Agreed 👍
When I trailer outta town I usually run a 1/2" cable through all four wheels (individually) and sides of trailer. If they really want it they're going to have to work for it 😂😂

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
🤔.........sawzall that center leg of the steering wheel and they're gone in 2 minutes, locks only keep the honest man out.

Best thing you can do is have a good Insurance policy........my 2 cents 🤷‍♂️
I used to think insurance was the magic fix, but where am I going to find a new Pioneer when mine disappears? And what about all of the parts I've installed?

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I used to think insurance was the magic fix, but where am I going to find a new Pioneer when mine disappears? And what about all of the parts I've installed?
🤷‍♂️......😂😂

Well, I didn't suggest you leave it out on the parking lot with the keys in it!!! (anything can be stolen) was my point. Better to have Insurance for such events then not and rely on pretty much anything else. I've known guys had their buggy stolen from right inside their garage at night, right next to their bedroom......... Life's a bítch!.

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
🤷‍♂️......😂😂

Well, I didn't suggest you leave it out on the parking lot with the keys in it!!! (anything can be stolen) was my point. Better to have Insurance for such events then not and rely on pretty much anything else. I've known guys had their buggy stolen from right inside their garage at night, right next to their bedroom......... Life's a bítch!.
Light, fast expanding JSP/JHP bullets and smaller shotgun pellets minimise wall penetration. Rounds likely to go through one wall only

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I have a heavy plastic coated cable with large eye that gets padlocked to my P 500 when on the truck. Other end is bolted to truck very challenging to get a wrench on without removing the combo drybox fuel tank.
When parked I take a quality padlock and just lock it in the rear brake (disk). I have a string on it that runs up to the steering wheel so I don’t forget to remove it. Also have some T100 chain I’ll run through frame and padlock to a solid object.
Older image but it does show cable and padlock… cable cut through with a zip cut is probably 10 seconds, but may deter..
D8E8AAA3 9E21 461B B59A 862042E73349

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is an audible alarm. I practice the mentioned items above and while parked mine is always armed with the viper.

https://amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07C5Y8ZGG?tag=sxsweb24-20

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Regular-sized padlock, or like... extra long hasp style ? Got a pic of that setup?
Hallic,
I use a standard Masterlock padlock, there are specific disc brake locks for motorcycles that may fit as well. Hasp has to be correct diameter (and radius) to fit through a vent hole in the disc and back into the lock. Apologies no images.

Lastly I bought some of those Apple Tracking pod units gonna throw one on in a secure hidden location just for fun when I get it outta storage.
Cheers
j

Last edited:
M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
So a good quality bolt cutters can open up those locks in 5 seconds. I know as for my work my backup key is a set of bolt cutters. I maintain a system with cabinets of equipment outside and only get visited once every few years and a lot of the time the locks are froze up, so cut and install a new one.

For sure will keep the honest honest but if they are there to steal your ride, they will have it.

Phil

Reactions: JenElio
hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Hallic,
I use a standard Masterlock padlock, there are specific disc brake locks for motorcycles that may fit as well. Hasp has to be correct diameter (and radius) to fit through a vent hole in the disc and back into the lock. Apologies no images.

Lastly I bought some of those Apple Tracking pod units gonna throw one on in a secure hidden location just for fun when I get it outta storage.
Cheers
j
cool, thanks

Reactions: JCart and JenElio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!