BOX1

Anyone try the Tusk Folding Glass Windshield?

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi All,

I'm going to buy a glass windshield and just saw this folding glass one by Tusk. Has anyone tried it?

I really like being able to open it without removing.

Thanks,

s

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hi All,

I'm going to buy a glass windshield and just saw this folding glass one by Tusk. Has anyone tried it?

Thanks,

s

I'll be honest, never heard of this windshield before. There is 37 reviews about it on RMATV with a 4.6 out of 5 star average rating. So I would look those over.

Personally the odds on favorite on here is the SuperATV Flip up hard coat windshield. After replacing glass 2x in the OEM glass windshield that offers no airflow options other than removing it the flip up unit has been great for warmer days and keeping cool.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hi All,

Thanks,

s
One of my friends has it and absolutely loves it. Has vents in the bottom when you want a little air or flip it completely down for more.

Had this been available when I was looking, I would have gotten it.

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes, like the superatv flip up but personally want to go with glass. Often will be driving solo so hopefully can avoid cracks.

I figure Jeep has had the fold down windshield for decades so must work. Think I’ll try it out.

Reactions: ChadD
PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Great info. I have a SATV flip windshield and I love having the option to have it open. But it's plastic, and sooner or later it will be too scratched up to see out of!! I take it off in the summer, but I love having it for the early spring or late fall rides.

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Surprise,Az Cincinnati,OH
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'll be honest, never heard of this windshield before. There is 37 reviews about it on RMATV with a 4.6 out of 5 star average rating. So I would look those over.

Personally the odds on favorite on here is the SuperATV Flip up hard coat windshield. After replacing glass 2x in the OEM glass windshield that offers no airflow options other than removing it the flip up unit has been great for warmer days and keeping cool.
What caused the 2 glass breaks?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
What caused the 2 glass breaks?
Each of the two times was a limb smacking the very corner of the glass causing it to Crack, then as you ride it spreads all across where it's unusable or safe.

Having ran the @SuperATV hard coat polycarbonate windshield over 12k miles, it definitely is far tougher than glass for the trail environment. As long as you are careful cleaning it using only mild soap and water and drying it off with soft cloth the scratches are minimal. That said, not caring for it can scratch it terribly in one season.

If you are insisting on a glass windshield, another option is the Hard Cabs flip up glass windshield, they are expensive but do what no other glass windshield offered can do, ride with it wide open or closed. Cost $1,100 to $1,500 with wiper washer kit.

Reactions: SuperATV
Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
Each of the two times was a limb smacking the very corner of the glass causing it to Crack, then as you ride it spreads all across where it's unusable or safe.

Having ran the @SuperATV hard coat polycarbonate windshield over 12k miles, it definitely is far tougher than glass for the trail environment. As long as you are careful cleaning it using only mild soap and water and drying it off with soft cloth the scratches are minimal. That said, not caring for it can scratch it terribly in one season.

If you are insisting on a glass windshield, another option is the Hard Cabs flip up glass windshield, they are expensive but do what no other glass windshield offered can do, ride with it wide open or closed. Cost $1,100 to $1,500 with wiper washer kit.

Ouch! Plastic is just such a dust magnet, inside and out. Riding alone dust isn't too bad and doesn't require too much cleaning. With a group, I've removed the windshield and strapped it down. Dust on glasses or goggles can be cleared on the go. Too much dust on the windshield may involve trees and seatbelt tests.

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ouch! Plastic is just such a dust magnet, inside and out. Riding alone dust isn't too bad and doesn't require too much cleaning. With a group, I've removed the windshield and strapped it down. Dust on glasses or goggles can be cleared on the go. Too much dust on the windshield may involve trees and seatbelt tests.
Always beneficial to be in front of the group, I hear ya.

What I have done is use Invisi-glass cleaner and carry clean microfiber rags. That particular cleaner seems to repell some dust, ( all bets off if 6+ machines back) when dirty on Trail rinse off with bottled water and carefully clean it with microfiber rag and glass cleaner. Note SuperATV says do not use any glass cleaners but I used the above for 3 years now, no issues and have very few scratches.

Reactions: Doogle
Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just wondering if anyone has thoughts of applying an electrical charge to windshields that would repel/resist dust attraction.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!