P700 Anyone using a Cooter Brown Stereo?

J

Junkymac

Nov 3, 2016
CLE, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey guys,

Is anyone using a Cooter Brown Stereo system on their Pioneer? I just picked one up from EMP this weekend. Was hoping someone could help me with wiring it up. My electrical knowledge/skills ain't the greatest! :( Don't need the SOB to burn to the ground. o_O

I appreciate the help.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks like mounting it will be the most difficult part. After that, it probably just needs a power and ground. Use a fuse as close to the battery as you can.

Reactions: allgm1
J

Junkymac

Nov 3, 2016
CLE, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just circling back here...finally gonna get time to install my stereo this weekend. Only info i have is black to negative, white positive and green to constant 12v. Couple questions:

Black and white to battery? How many things can i have going there? I have aux fuse panel, and winch already there. And getting tough to get battery bolt to the nuts. Longer bolts? And can i pick up a constant 12v close to the battery? Or just add that to the pos terminal as well? Getting crowded.

And as joeymt32 states, use fuse on white wire?

Sorry for my elementary electric questions. But appreciate the help!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!