Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Too those that are running the fox suspension, I am curious about your setup. I want to get the most out of my $1200 but really don't know how to properly setup UTV suspension. I know some of it will be personal preference etc. but I still want to get some ideas. What are your "clickers" at? Did you do anything to the spring compression? If so why? Any help is appreciated!

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I have made a few adjustment to the compression settings only. I lowered the compression both front and rear for a nice cushy ride around home, and cranked them up all the way when trailering. Keeps it from wallowing around on the trailer. Once on the trail I will set the rears to the middle and the fronts to about 18 clicks or so. The factory preload seems to be good for what I do. When I go back to Windrock I will increase the front preload to keep the front frame from smacking down on the big rocks. Still need more time to do more experiments.
Love 'em!

Shanej

Shanej

Jun 28, 2015
I love my fox shocks. Just have too keep in mind its still not a Rzr XP1000. i run my rears at 12 clicks and bumped the front up to 15 so it doesnt dive so much when you hit the brakes. From the stock junk kyb's it's a 100% improvement. I don't regret spending the money on them at all.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Depending on the P1K shocks I may invest in a set of aftermarket shocks, they are definitely an improvement over the KYB, but the 2015's were a big improvement over the 2014's

Reactions: Hondasxs
spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
mine came with the spring preload loose (not set). I tried to run them at stock height with 27 " tiers. that had the shocks halfway though the stroke it rode stiff. this was do to the progressive dampening . so now I run the fronts as high as I can with out them topping out over the slow stuff. then I set the rears a 1/2 " higher than the front. that gives a nice ride. I only run a couple of clicks from softest setting unless riding really fast. (wife stays home) I have never needed to run them stiffer than 8 clicks. I would have to say they would cover just about any riding style.
I would never go back to stock shocks worth every penny. im hoping they fit the 1000. lol

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
So it sounds like you turned the preload up quite a bit? This puts the shocks in the correct position in their stroke and improved the over all performance? Did I get that right?

Bowdr

Bowdr

Feb 18, 2016
Bloomfield,ny
Great information guys
Much appreciated as I am struggling with spending that kind of money on shocks

Reactions: Tflynn
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Great information guys
Much appreciated as I am struggling with spending that kind of money on shocks
You will get over it quickly after you get yours!:)

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!