BOX1

P1000 Are there a lot of differences between an 18 and 23 1000-5 ? If so what are they ?

M

Mr Louis

Supporting Member
Nov 28, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife made me take back a TV once, 2 months later when she felt like its her idea now and said go buy the TV, So I did and guess what it was bigger than the one I had bought. Win Win. Hang in there @Mr. Louis
No my wife didn't make me give it back. My Son wanted one so I order it for him, The first problem is I ordered a fully equipment trail edition and it came in a over a year later as a basic model, so I wasn't very happy. My son is getting married in July and has determined he doesn't want to spend the money at this time. Si I thought I would just go ahead and buy the SXS thinking I could find someone who doesn't what to wait a year for one. That's all

Reactions: Smitty335
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The first problem is I ordered a fully equipment trail edition and it came in a over a year later as a basic model, so I wasn't very happy.
I'm confused now. How do you have a Trail model to sell now if it came in as a basic model?

My son is getting married in July and has determined he doesn't want to spend the money at this time.
He doesn't HAVE to buy something just because the dealer finally got it. Walk away. Beyond that, perhaps he should plan his purchases a little better?

Si I thought I would just go ahead and buy the SXS thinking I could find someone who doesn't what to wait a year for one. That's all
You could have just left it on the showroom floor and just told other people about it. Why invest ~$23K just to help out a stranger?

No offense, but this sounds like either (a) a scam or (b) someone trying to flip a Trail to pocket some cash. I've got no real problem with the latter, as every buyer needs to do his/her due diligence, but if it's the former, well ... caveat emptor.

I'm probably wrong (I hope), but it does sound fishy, doesn't it?

M

Mr Louis

Supporting Member
Nov 28, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm confused now. How do you have a Trail model to sell now if it came in as a basic model?

He doesn't HAVE to buy something just because the dealer finally got it. Walk away. Beyond that, perhaps he should plan his purchases a little better?

You could have just left it on the showroom floor and just told other people about it. Why invest ~$23K just to help out a stranger?

No offense, but this sounds like either (a) a scam or (b) someone trying to flip a Trail to pocket some cash. I've got no real problem with the latter, as every buyer needs to do his/her due diligence, but if it's the former, well ... caveat emptor.

I'm probably wrong (I hope), but it does sound fishy, doesn't it?
Your, wrong there is no scam, I was told in the beginning that I wasn't going to get by deposit back. I was going to sell it for the same price I had to pay for it I just didn't want to lose my deposit. I thought I could help someone who's was looking (no good deed goes unpunished) Oscar Wilde)) I was able to work it out with the dealership to receive my deposit back. The dealership has the SXS.

Reactions: Scoop and Smitty335
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I was able to work it out with the dealership to receive my deposit back. The dealership has the SXS.
All your earlier posts never indicated that. Now we know. Thanks for clarifying.

Oh, and a bit of advice: Never, I said NEVER, do business with ANY business that wants a non-refundable deposit (unless you're custom ordering something, like a truck with pink seat leather and pink and purple polka dot paint job).

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
All your earlier posts never indicated that. Now we know. Thanks for clarifying.

Oh, and a bit of advice: Never, I said NEVER, do business with ANY business that wants a non-refundable deposit (unless you're custom ordering something, like a truck with pink seat leather and pink and purple polka dot paint job).
That sounds kinda nice!

• Haha
Reactions: Backwoods
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!