P1000 As anyone installed the DEI heat solution system

G

Grandlakegod

Oct 19, 2018
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All, New member
I've got a used 2016 Honda 1000-5 with a Honda heater (bought it this way), but the cabin heat is a buzz killer. I had the heat mod done, but it didn't help. So I removed and bought a insulation kit from one of you helpful guys on this forum. It has helped, but it is still and issue and the folks in the back still complain out loud about the heat.
The question is has anyone tried the heat kit from DEI with the one blower, temp control, wiring and instruction. ?? Please advise. I need to do something quick with summer coming in Tulsa, OK or I just bought an fall and winter toy.
I like the 2 fan set up but was looking a kit to make a easier. If someone has a complete kit list with parts for everything and some simple wiring instruction. I would be more than happen to buy it from the.
Please advise.
Thanks
Troy
MOD's completed
enlarged cup holders
A arm guards
skid plate
spare tire mount
underseat insulation

Thanks again. I really enjoy reading about all the mods and places everyone has been riding.

Troy H

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
All, New member
I've got a used 2016 Honda 1000-5 with a Honda heater (bought it this way), but the cabin heat is a buzz killer. I had the heat mod done, but it didn't help. So I removed and bought a insulation kit from one of you helpful guys on this forum. It has helped, but it is still and issue and the folks in the back still complain out loud about the heat.
The question is has anyone tried the heat kit from DEI with the one blower, temp control, wiring and instruction. ?? Please advise. I need to do something quick with summer coming in Tulsa, OK or I just bought an fall and winter toy.
I like the 2 fan set up but was looking a kit to make a easier. If someone has a complete kit list with parts for everything and some simple wiring instruction. I would be more than happen to buy it from the.
Please advise.
Thanks
Troy
MOD's completed
enlarged cup holders
A arm guards
skid plate
spare tire mount
underseat insulation

Thanks again. I really enjoy reading about all the mods and places everyone has been riding.

Troy H
I would skip all the insulation mods and install a fan, what I did after all the heat mods, will be taking the insulation out this fall under the seat and it will never go back in! I'm starting to wonder if the insulation kits let the ECU get to hot and freak out?

Reactions: Lady01
CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the DEI insulation kit with no fan, I used my own fan,mine is about 70% better than stock, my buddy bought the whole DEI kit and his is about 90% better because it takes the heat out and through the skid plate, I would do mine like that but I am running trail armor skid plates. Both kits are worth the money in my opinion.

Reactions: Lady01 and Bones
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did two bilge fans and one solid piece of 60mil rubber from bottom seat front to top of seat back. Great difference in noise and heat to the front seat but it pushed more heat to rear floor board. I need to address it but haven’t yet.

6B33856A EB06 4D66 92FA 6CEC1931C20E 74B723F2 D0AD 412B 9BFA 7B4123D20AAA CA0BD9E5 24DD 4A77 B3FD 6C98AB045FBE

E

Eric37866

Lifetime Member
Nov 28, 2017
Sharps Chapel, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got the honda update, the dei heat shield kit, and the dei fan kit. The fan kit did more to help with the heat than the insulation did, but even with all three if you ride slow in weather 85 degrees plus it does get warm after a while. The fan helps prolong the time it takes to get hot, but its not a total fix. Id say it reduced the heat 50 to 60 percent. As for the rear seats, the dei shield for the right rear footwell helped with heat from the header area but the seating still gets hot in the back. Its doable but not ideal for comfort...rear seats kinda suck anyways in the pioneer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

H

hondarider316

May 21, 2019
Evans GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
how does the DEI kit hold up if you get into deep water? thinking of buying it but don't want to drop $300 on something that's gonna go out if I get into deep mud

E

Eric37866

Lifetime Member
Nov 28, 2017
Sharps Chapel, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't purposely get into deep water, but i have been in mud and water almost up to the seat cushion a few times since installing the dei kit. Nothing was affected, although i did have to take my seat off and clean the mud from the fan fins afterward because it started vibrating the fan from all the mud caked on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I just went to walmart and bought two cheap vehicle sun shades and fitted them under the bench and behind the backrest. They practically eliminated the heat issue. I also installed an inverted shifter boot on the shifter which stopped that heat issue too.

Swampmonkey

Swampmonkey

Jan 17, 2019
Al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2EDC254B 8647 4D91 8BA2 D9CCFE92CF0C

Did their fan and fan mount and ran it to exhaust out of the skid plate like they recomend and it melted the fan. Gonna put a bigger fan in and just ordered their seat heat shield.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 213143
Did their fan and fan mount and ran it to exhaust out of the skid plate like they recomend and it melted the fan. Gonna put a bigger fan in and just ordered their seat heat shield.
Save your money and buy a 10 inch fan and mount blowing across the headers and no ducting.

Swampmonkey

Swampmonkey

Jan 17, 2019
Al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed heat shield last night. Noise in cab a little less. Coupled with a 4” blower fan blowing straight back I think money well spent. I’ll see how it does when after a long ride.

Reactions: Lady01 and Bones
C

Capitan

May 26, 2020
Friant, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All, New member
Please advise.
Thanks
Troy
MOD's completed
enlarged cup holders
A arm guards
skid plate
spare tire mount
underseat insulation

Troy H
I can't wait to hear the suggtions you will receive. I complain about the heat too. Once I get up higher in the Sierra evelvation, it cools down nicely. Sierra Nevada, east of Fresno.

kamikaze

kamikaze

Jul 2, 2020
Linden, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Too bad Honda doesn't step up and do something to address this issue, it seems to be a major flaw. IMO a recall should be issued. I just purchased a 2021 1000-5p over the weekend and immediately noticed the heat after a short ride, thought something was on fire. The build quality is cheap and the features are not what you'd expect for $17K. However, it is a Honda and I know that it will be a reliable machine. It will soon be decked out with accessories that are already on hand and some thermal insulation will be added.

New

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!