Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Good news........................... Maybe, but I know on other forums the tax payers in WV aren't happy.

Reactions: Chooglin and TimG
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Good news........................... Maybe, but I know on other forums the tax payers in WV aren't happy.

I can understand why some are upset. A for profit business getting money for new cabins and septic systems when there is so much poverty and need for infrastructure in the area. I bet a lot of residents in the area would love to have a septic or sewer system a new road or bridge. I also understand that Ashland Resort and the trail systems generates revenue for the community but hummm. Nice place and cabins I hope to be back sometime soon.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
100% true about the revenue. I live in an area that if it wasn't for the tourism generated by Lake Cumberland then half of the local businesses would not exist. the lake is why I moved here.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Good to here. Now they better get SXS wash area like RRB

Reactions: sharp and TimG
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
100% true about the revenue. I live in an area that if it wasn't for the tourism generated by Lake Cumberland then half of the local businesses would not exist. the lake is why I moved here.

Did you get your 2.2 million yet for moving there ?

Reactions: Chooglin and sharp
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Did you get your 2.2 million yet for moving there ?

It's kinda like giving the boat dealer or atv resort 2.2 mil when maybe the community at large would benefit better from a boat ramp or more trail access more free public areas or ????

Reactions: Chooglin and sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's kinda like corporate welfare, although if they took welfare money and used it for off road parks, it would probably be better spent. Less abuse lol

C

Chooglin

In a sense, aren’t the people of WV going to get a big return on this investment?..........it's like building a superdome so you can have the super bowl in your town or a huge shopping mall so people will shop there.........lol

advertisement
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
It's kinda like corporate welfare, although if they took welfare money and used it for off road parks, it would probably be better spent. Less abuse lol
In a sense, aren’t the people of WV going to get a big return on this investment?..........it's like building a superdome so you can have the super bowl in your town or a huge shopping mall so people will shop there.........lol

The grant going to them may actually be the best investment for the community in the long run. IDK. @sharp said it well though "corporate welfare".
Kinda looks like a nice good ole boy bonus though.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp and Chooglin
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If the gov wasn’t taking from the people in the first place we’d have more to invest in our businesses and spread around to our local communities

Reactions: TimG and sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I agree. Also, as I understand it, the OSMRE is providing this grant money which is from monies they collect in fees and penalties from surface mining companies. Not necessarily tax payers money.

Reactions: TimG and Chooglin
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You can call it a fee, a penalty, a fine or whatever you want but at the end of the day it is somebody's money taken from them by the goverment. Just like the Obama care penalty that was actually a tax.

J

JTW

Are you in Ky?

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yes.
IMG 1001

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!