Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok boys and girls. I created a monster. Actually @CumminsPusher did. My wife wants a 4 wheeler. If it wasn't for transportation issues is get another sxs. But for starters were getting an atv. It has to fit in a 6'5" box with the gate closed. I don't think a rancher will. Or will it? Thinking brute force 300 or recon, she wants a honda. As do I. But what are my options? New or gently used.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
One of the best handling I have ridden is the Honda Rancher 420 AT with IRS. It is very nimble, rides great, and that AT has superb downhill breaking that inspires confidence in big downhills. I got rid of it for a P500 SXS, wished I had kept it and just bought the P500 as an addition.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One of the best handling I have ridden is the Honda Rancher 420 AT with IRS. It is very nimble, rides great, and that AT has superb downhill breaking that inspires confidence in big downhills. I got rid of it for a P500 SXS, wished I had kept it and just bought the P500 as an addition.
I wonder if it will fit with gate closed? Should of bought a long box! But with the weight d.b. hitch for the camper.im limited

Reactions: sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I wonder if it will fit with gate closed? Should of bought a long box! But with the weight d.b. hitch for the camper.im limited
It should here is dimensions.
Screenshot 20170806 140119

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 680 Rincon fit in my Chevy shortbox and the tailgate closed. Wished I had kept it. IRS that thing ride like a dream and had plenty of power.

Reactions: sharp and Hondasxs
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
My 680 Rincon fit in my Chevy shortbox and the tailgate closed. Wished I had kept it. IRS that thing ride like a dream and had plenty of power.
Same here.. Sad I sold my Rincon.

I agree. She will love the Rancher AT. It should fit in your truck fine.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A lot of the choice is up to her. Well all of it. But here's an issue. Yamaha has that 700 for $6000 something . Yeah it missing some things but.. my honda dealer is going to have to beat the price

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also if anyone here has one they would part with I'm all ears

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have two 2012 Yamaha Grizzlies 700 EPS and a 2015 Honda Rincon. Not even close, I'll take the yamahas every time. Wish I hadn't bought the Honda. The Honda is on tracks from last winter and haven't even bothered to take the tracks off.
The Grizzlies fit in my truck just fine with the tailgate closed.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have two 2012 Yamaha Grizzlies 700 EPS and a 2015 Honda Rincon. Not even close, I'll take the yamahas every time. Wish I hadn't bought the Honda. The Honda is on tracks from last winter and haven't even bothered to take the tracks off.
The Grizzlies fit in my truck just fine with the tailgate closed.

View attachment 51156
How much for the honda?

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
While not a Honda, I really like the new Yamaha Kodiak.

2018 Yamaha Kodiak 450 Utility ATV - Photo Gallery, Video, Specs, Features, Offers, Inventory and more

It has 4 WD (no front locker), is on a smaller frame and has IRS and can be had with EPS.

They would come out with my perfect ATV after I got a SXS....:rolleyes:

I always wanted something smaller than my Rincon with 4WD and IRS and fuel injection.

That being said, the Honda Recon is a blast. My wife used to have one and I enjoyed riding it as much or more than my Rincon. It was WAY more fun in the snow... Except on hills with large bodies of water at the bottom. Going up without 4WD could sometimes be exciting. :)

It was small enough that it really didn't need 4WD other than some very isolated instances and that 5 speed trans was awesome to play with. I miss having it around. If I had more room in the garage, I would be tempted to get another just for fun.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

2018 Yamaha Kodiak 450 Utility ATV - Photo Gallery, Video, Specs, Features, Offers, Inventory and more

It has 4 WD (no front locker), is on a smaller frame and has IRS and can be had with EPS.

I always wanted something smaller than my Rincon with 4WD and IRS and fuel injection.

That being said, the Honda Recon is a blast. My wife used to have one and I enjoyed riding it as much or more than my Rincon. It was WAY more fun in the snow... Except on hills with large bodies of water at the bottom. Going up without 4WD could sometimes be exciting. :)

It was small enough that it really didn't need 4WD other than some very isolated instances and that 5 speed trans was awesome to play with. I miss having it around. If I had more room in the garage, I would be tempted to get another just for fun.
Just get outside and have fun on anything, is how I feel, TV is for IDIOTS!

J

JTW

I like it!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I love my P1, while it's working, but Honda is not taking care of there customers, I'll buy some other brand within the next year, see you latter Honda, maybe?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!