P1000 Auxbeam control panel?

Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Anyone run one of these? Seems cleaner then having to run all the wires to a big switch panel in the cab. Just curious.
3125AB5C B516 44AA A9B4 121204A3DC02

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
@Adam490 is running one in his talon. I ordered one, getting ready to install it shortly.
Yep, like @Hondasxs said it works great for lights, radio, things like that you only need a simple on/off switch for. Be cool if there was a setting for the Auxbeam to power on whatever accessory automatically when it got power, but from what I can tell you have to press the button every time... I'm also an electrical retard so there's that. I REALLY like just plugging in a couple wires to the switch panel and it's good to go.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yep, like @Hondasxs said it works great for lights, radio, things like that you only need a simple on/off switch for. Be cool if there was a setting for the Auxbeam to power on whatever accessory automatically when it got power, but from what I can tell you have to press the button every time... I'm also an electrical retard so there's that. I REALLY like just plugging in a couple wires to the switch panel and it's good to go.
Ditto! I've got a new winch coming from the store that I'm hopefully not going to install!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I got one for my Talon as well. Will be installing it shortly. I like the ease of this. My hair got real gray installing otr switches in my pioneer lol. But there worth it.

advertisement
M

Midwestguy38

May 21, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I installed one I like the panel but if you hook it up to acc it shuts off with the key if you hook it up to constant power you can't turn the lights off on the panel so it runs the battery dead unless someone knows something I don't.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I installed one I like the panel but if you hook it up to acc it shuts off with the key if you hook it up to constant power you can't turn the lights off on the panel so it runs the battery dead unless someone knows something I don't.
Right. Thats why its designed for like a key on trigger for example.

Reactions: Smittyp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Need to look into a ACC switch kind of like this one.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

L

Lukas

Apr 26, 2022
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I bought something similar for my HONDA TALON 1000X-4 and have everything almost hooked up. Last thing to do is hook up the Keyed on Power to the ACC cord from the fuse box. I cut the wires from the blue connector and have tried every combo trying to get the fuse box to get power with the key on AND I'm not getting anything.

The fuse box is getting 12V but my screen isn't turning on and the tops of the screws (where you attach your attachments) aren't getting 12V at all (because my ACC isn't getting power when the key is on).

Am I supposed to use just the white wire (which is what I believe I have to do) or do you wire the white and green line together then attach them to the after market ACC wire?

I'm hoping my Honda Factory blue Connect Keyed on wires aren't bad.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
In reference to the blue plug.
- White wire with black stripe is key-on.
- Green wire is ground.

If you touched them already you have blown the fuse. Fuse box between the seats

Also, check whatever you are plugging into the blue connector to see if pins are bent.

Then run both white and green to the small post on your stinger.

L

Lukas

Apr 26, 2022
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X4
In reference to the blue plug.
- White wire with black stripe is key-on.
- Green wire is ground.

If you touched them already you have blown the fuse. Fuse box between the seats

Also, check whatever you are plugging into the blue connector to see if pins are bent.

Then run both white and green to the small post on your stinger.

The blown fuse never crossed my mind. thank you, ill take a look at it when i get home from work.

M

Midwestguy38

May 21, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Right. Thats why its designed for like a key on trigger for example.
I get it, but I like to listen to the stereo when the bikes off or let my whips glow at times .. kinda defeat the purpose of the control box if you are adding rocker switches . Not a great design

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I get it, but I like to listen to the stereo when the bikes off or let my whips glow at times .. kinda defeat the purpose of the control box if you are adding rocker switches . Not a great design
That might be your problem though, you’re trying to install it on a bike 🤣 If you put it on a side-by-side you can where are your stereo to a separate switch relay and fuse. That’s the way my stereos wired up. But in the end if you don’t like the switch panel don’t buy it. Buy a fuse and relay box and get you some switches and make your own Panel then you can wear it anywhere you like.

Reactions: Scoop
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!