P700 Axle angle?

B

BobRack

Supporting Member
Oct 7, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
What is the maximum angle that the p700 axles can go to without causing any binding in the CV joints?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
What is the maximum angle that the p700 axles can go to without causing any binding in the CV joints?
Hey bob. Never put an angle meter on it before but i think the stocks are a few degrees less than the rhinos and all balls.
I know stock shock plus 2.5 inches length wise(eye to eye) and still should be fine after that your probably going to bind at full droop

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Backwoods
B

BobRack

Supporting Member
Oct 7, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey bob. Never put an angle meter on it before but i think the stocks are a few degrees less than the rhinos and all balls.
I know stock shock plus 2.5 inches length wise(eye to eye) and still should be fine after that your probably going to bind at full droop

I installed Can-Am Commander Max shocks only p700. The black spring ones. And got about 3.5 inches of lift on the front and 4.5 inches on the rear. The rears spin without any funny noise or feeling at full droop. But the front has a slight thump thump feeling when tires are rotated. Thinking the CV bearings are binding up. Just looking for a second opinion on my conclusion.

Reactions: Alan_Vander
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I installed Can-Am Commander Max shocks only p700. The black spring ones. And got about 3.5 inches of lift on the front and 4.5 inches on the rear. The rears spin without any funny noise or feeling at full droop. But the front has a slight thump thump feeling when tires are rotated. Thinking the CV bearings are binding up. Just looking for a second opinion on my conclusion.
Thats what it sounds like might have to use limiter straps your feeling each time the axle hits the cut out for the ball . 6 bumps on 1 rotation?

Reactions: BobRack
B

BobRack

Supporting Member
Oct 7, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thats what it sounds like might have to use limiter straps your feeling each time the axle hits the cut out for the ball . 6 bumps on 1 rotation?

Thank you. That's what I thought. Already planned on getting them but was wanting to make sure my findings were on track.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah seen where you added them the other day on Facebook. Wasnt sure on the eye to eye though seems like the rear can take more lift cause the diff width difference

Reactions: BobRack
B

BobRack

Supporting Member
Oct 7, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah the back seemed fine. But the fronts are a different story!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!