P700 Rear axle boot issue

B

brassspike

Jun 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 700-4
My 7004 is just starting its 2 tank of gas and I've got this going on. Took it out in the woods clearing a trail yesterday. It did great! I was about to go back this morning and found this when I did my walk-around. Something broken? This thing has had no harsh treatment. Are these things this fragile?? What has happened?

B

brassspike

Jun 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 700-4
My 7004 is just starting its 2 tank of gas and I've got this going on. Took it out in the woods clearing a trail yesterday. It did great! I was about to go back this morning and found this when I did my walk-around. Something broken? This thing has had no harsh treatment. Are these things this fragile?? What has happened?

20201122 095612

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
you probably jabbed it with a stick, you said you were cleaning trails . They are pretty tough , I backed up once and tore one.up like that one a stick I did not notice . Things can wedge in there occasionally.

Last edited:
Reactions: NTCPrezJB and J80
B

brassspike

Jun 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 700-4
you probably jabbed it with a stick, you said you were cleaning trails . They are pretty tough , I backed up once and tore one.up like that one a stick I did not notice . Things can wedge in there occasionally.

Wow, not impressed with honda at all. This is what I bought the thing for. ☹

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Wow, not impressed with honda at all. This is what I bought the thing for. ☹
Oh God...Honda has nothing to do with it.

I've been riding quads/sxs's since the late 80's. I had never torn a cv boot until earlier this year when I tore 2 in 3 weeks...because s*** happens. You might get Honda to "goodwill" a repair, even though it isn't their fault. Worth asking.

Maybe invest in some a-arm guards/stick stoppers if your ride in such terrain a lot.

B

brassspike

Jun 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 700-4

I've been riding quads/sxs's since the late 80's. I had never torn a cv boot until earlier this year when I tore 2 in 3 weeks...because s*** happens. You might get Honda to "goodwill" a repair, even though it isn't their fault. Worth asking.

Maybe invest in some a-arm guards/stick stoppers if your ride in such terrain a lot.

And a Lord Jesus too!!
honda is a multi billion company. They know what these things are for, don't you think? They leave the design open to something this simple after years of producing them. It has slipped the boot around and stretched it out of shape. If it needs guards in order to not break on its first outing, why aren't they on there? Something else to buy, if I can find some for it.
If I wanted to ride miss daisy around the yard, I'd bought a golf cart!
Gee, i baby the thing because it cost so much, but its going right back on the trail.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
And a Lord Jesus too!!
honda is a multi billion company. They know what these things are for, don't you think? They leave the design open to something this simple after years of producing them. It has slipped the boot around and stretched it out of shape. If it needs guards in order to not break on its first outing, why aren't they on there? Something else to buy, if I can find some for it.
Gee, i baby the thing because it cost so much, but its going right back on the trail.
It doesn't come with a full cab, yet someone could freeze to death up north without one. It doesn't come with a roof, yet a meteorite could strike one in the head and kill them without it.

It's up to you to "roll your own" to your specific needs. It doesn't come with guards because 99% of them don't have trouble with this, and the guards themselves cause issues with mud and debris build up, which ruins the boots too.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think you accidentally tore your boot and you want to blame everybody but yourself. It happens either fix it or buy an axle and pop it in and go have fun.

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
And a Lord Jesus too!!
Ya know I bust a lot of rubbers but I know it’s not the Rubber company’s fault that I’m pretty rough on them ( no homo) I just replace and get back to the action (no homo) It is unfortunate a stick tore your rubber boot and will cost some to fix

Last edited:
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
These machines aren’t delicate but do require some care and attention to drive them. The CV boot is the Achilles on them. Especially when you breaking trails. Try not to drive over sticks longitudinally. If you can’t avoid make sure the stick comes out the back end. I would be especially careful not not get one to kick up and go through the floorboards and impale you with your carelessness. Honda won’t take the blame for that either. You’re driving a fifteen hundo pound machine there that is a lot different than the Honda trikes of yesteryear. Here’s a thread that I used to repair the torn boot on mine. It was my fault. I was driving. 😎😉

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
These machines aren’t delicate but do require some care and attention to drive them. The CV boot is the Achilles on them. Especially when you breaking trails. Try not to drive over sticks longitudinally. If you can’t avoid make sure the stick comes out the back end. I would be especially careful not not get one to kick up and go through the floorboards and impale you with your carelessness. Honda won’t take the blame for that either. You’re driving a fifteen hundo pound machine there that is a lot different than the Honda trikes of yesteryear. Here’s a thread that I used to repair the torn boot on mine. It was my fault. I was driving. 😎😉
🤔 ....uhmmmmmmm......:rolleyes:

😂😂😂

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Park a new car in the second parking spot closest to the door at your local Walmart this Thursday night. Go back and pick it up Monday morning. I’m certain it won’t have any door dings or cart scrapes on it because the manufacturer knows you’re going to take it to the store. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Be careful there are sticks in the woods. They are well trained and aim for soft squishy parts and plastic floors. Occasionally they must have grease or flesh and blood though.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Bingo!!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!