P1000 Back from the dunes...

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We just got back from 5 days in the dunes in West Texas and I'm proud to report the Pioneer hung with my buddies ( Wildcats , RZR's , Quads ).. I only stuck her once and it was the first day and rather than backing down once I lost forward momentum and augered in.. only made that mistake once. Sh e seemed to perform the best in 4x4 unlocked and went up anything the Wildcat 1000's and 900 RZR XP did. In fact she out climbed the Wildcat on one dune. The Wildcats and RZR would obviously walk away from us in the whoops but I expected that. The Pioneer was really fun to drive and exceeded my expectations in the dunes. Oh yeah - no problems once so ever..I like that part the most..

Kermit 16 p8
Kermit 16 p10
Kermit 16 p3

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the wind made for fresh tracks every am.. the dunes don't look that big in the pics but there are some pretty big ones - nothing like Glamis but still challenging to climb. The edges of the open dunes are full of single (atv) track trails that are a blast with a lot of elevation changes and bowl turns. My buddy has a Yamaha 450R quad that rips - we had a lot of fun in the bowls on that thing.

One nice thing about sand - virtually no clean up after 5 days of riding..

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Those sport quads are awesome, I currently don't have one but have been thinking about a 300ex, 400ex of LTZ/KFX400 for the snow that's about to hit this winter. Sand and snow are awesome on sport quads.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Great pictures! Looks fun, the only time I ever rode sand was on two wheels but what a blast! Unlike anything else

Reactions: JTW and sharp
advertisement
strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Apparently I wasn't very clear about being on 4 cr 500's. I was meaning of the motorcycles no one touched us, not one of us lost a race up sand mountain. But hey take it and run

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The sand does look neat and the first pics are awesome but for me, I enjoy getting out my pressure washer and spending an hour or two trying to get most of my ride off my rig.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!