BOX1

P700 Back up “Sasquatch” lights

D

Danno357

Jan 11, 2021
Fort Atkinson Wi
Ownership

1. 700-2
Finally installed the back up lights with the back up beeper plug from Honda SXS. Worked awesome! I bought a double led and install set up on eBay and then this fancy blue Sasquatch switch in the picture. Aside from me being impatient opening up the switch hole in the dash a little too much with a hand file, it wasn’t too bad. Wrapped a little electrical tape on that to solve that problem but otherwise was really straight forward and connected without even having to add wire anywhere. Probably could’ve trim down the one side but wrapping it around the roll bar worked too. Anyone thinking about doing it Andy hesitating but can pull wires, shouldn’t need to worry. I wired the plug to the harness kit directly and then to the lights, back to the switch and voilà! So now in reverse, the switch gets powered and if it’s in the on position, the lights go on with the key. I’di don’t want them to light up in reverse, I turn the switch off. Good luck if you’re doing it and have a good one!

723AC162 EC1B 48E3 8E6E F93EC7D3D8FB BB0AAE99 8102 4D3C BCEE 4664040C828D

R

Radmartigan

Mar 15, 2021
NC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Those look good! Are the lights a flood pattern? I'm looking to do this as well, but I want mine to be switched I think, instead of coming on when I'm in reverse.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Those look good! Are the lights a flood pattern? I'm looking to do this as well, but I want mine to be switched I think, instead of coming on when I'm in reverse.

I ordered this from the Club Store. Actually only ordered one and did like you mentioned and put on a switch instead of coming on in reverse. I only use it for reverse occasionally and for doing work in the bed or at the meat pole etc. 1 light was good for me. Very happy with it.

20201204 142042

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Excellent. I'll pickup one of those kits then. Seems perfect. Thanks!

Sounds good. Here's the switch that I use on both my light bars. One for front and one for rear. Mounted both on the firewall between the front seats. If you like deep water maybe mount them on the dash somewhere. Dont mind the scratches :p

20200930 155230

D

Danno357

Jan 11, 2021
Fort Atkinson Wi
Ownership

1. 700-2
They seem to be. They have a real nice and wide funnel to each side that goes way out there. I know a guy who spliced into his tail light wiring harness somehow so that when his headlights were on, the switch got power. If you don’t use too much wattage, you could probably use the awesome accessory the SxS club sells too. I used that for my front light bar (zombie lights) and it worked great.

CB9CB01F B405 47F7 A63F E13B93722FBB 20F92BAC 623F 43FC BA5A 0D6087145162 FC17392A DD03 4928 9983 56EDEFFBEE68

H

Harley-Mike

Oct 18, 2021
california
Ownership

1. 700-2
Finally installed the back up lights with the back up beeper plug from Honda SXS. Worked awesome! I bought a double led and install set up on eBay and then this fancy blue Sasquatch switch in the picture. Aside from me being impatient opening up the switch hole in the dash a little too much with a hand file, it wasn’t too bad. Wrapped a little electrical tape on that to solve that problem but otherwise was really straight forward and connected without even having to add wire anywhere. Probably could’ve trim down the one side but wrapping it around the roll bar worked too. Anyone thinking about doing it Andy hesitating but can pull wires, shouldn’t need to worry. I wired the plug to the harness kit directly and then to the lights, back to the switch and voilà! So now in reverse, the switch gets powered and if it’s in the on position, the lights go on with the key. I’di don’t want them to light up in reverse, I turn the switch off. Good luck if you’re doing it and have a good one!

View attachment 259938 View attachment 259939
Hi, lights are looking good! I want to buy the same kit from Hondasxs but I was wondering if you need a bigger battery to run the lights, I currently have a 12 inch light bar and 2 square pods in the front, plus if I add this lights I would have 5 lights all together.
Thanks!

D

Danno357

Jan 11, 2021
Fort Atkinson Wi
Ownership

1. 700-2
I didn’t. I’ve run them when plowing and they are on and off pretty frequently and I haven’t had any issues yet. I was really careful of how many amps they were though too to keep it under the recommended amount (I think 7?) that was on the plug from SXS.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hi, lights are looking good! I want to buy the same kit from Hondasxs but I was wondering if you need a bigger battery to run the lights, I currently have a 12 inch light bar and 2 square pods in the front, plus if I add this lights I would have 5 lights all together.
Thanks!
You should have a second battery with an isolator for all that!
BTW congrats on your first post and Welcome from the cold depths of Michigan!
forum first unspoken rule so we know and can see what you got..
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

H

Harley-Mike

Oct 18, 2021
california
Ownership

1. 700-2
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
Thank you 🙏 and greetings from sunny California!
This is my very first sxs and I love it! This thing is a beast off road!
I do mostly desert and mountain trails I rarely see Honda Pioneers around here but I’m happy with my purchase!

D09B2C11 AB03 47D7 A4E4 16D9B74DE548 FED45FAE 7411 4C7E 9863 0E8734B529A2 6B8F9E6F B9C8 4578 B522 6F333B54B2DD

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
I disagree.

12" light bar maybe 6 amps.
A set of pods, maybe 3 amps combined.
Second set of pods, another 3 amps.
You looking at 12amps of draw if you use them all at the exact same time.

Plus you have a Pioneer 700.
I see no need for a second battery.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I disagree.

12" light bar maybe 6 amps.
A set of pods, maybe 3 amps combined.
Second set of pods, another 3 amps.
You looking at 12amps of draw if you use them all at the exact same time.

Plus you have a Pioneer 700.
I see no need for a second battery.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
That is true.

I was just speaking for myself as that in all my machines I keep nothing extra but factory on my primary battery. I should have mentioned that.