P1000m5 Ball joints

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Backwoods of northern Michigan
Could someone chime in and give me some advise on ball joints for the satv A-ARMS? Just wondering if anyone is using something other than the heavy duty joints from satv. I don’t rip on my buggy, mainly just 2-tracks and county roads and an occasional gravel pit.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do search about the SATV ball joints, for a bit they had some available that didn't fit right, I fell in the trap and bought them and didn't get refunded. I ended up using the stock ones and haven't had a problem..

Reactions: Papaandhistoys
Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Do search about the SATV ball joints, for a bit they had some available that didn't fit right, I fell in the trap and bought them and didn't get refunded. I ended up using the stock ones and haven't had a problem..

Thanks for the heads up. I really don’t want to spend $270 for something that is gonna be overkill for my kind of riding. That way I have more dollars for other accessories.

Reactions: Haldog77
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the heads up. I really don’t want to spend $270 for something that is gonna be overkill for my kind of riding. That way I have more dollars for other accessories.

Exactly, good call...............As I'm sure you are well aware, the internet hype is easy to get into, I've done it my whole life and this Pioneer is no different. Look at some of my posts, I have gone overboard on a lot of stuff. My wiring is ridiculous, stupid ridiculous almost to the point where I can't even troubleshoot it and to have any warranty work done.......HA. If I build another one, it will be a add or replace only when broke kinda ride.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could someone chime in and give me some advise on ball joints for the satv A-ARMS? Just wondering if anyone is using something other than the heavy duty joints from satv. I don’t rip on my buggy, mainly just 2-tracks and county roads and an occasional gravel pit.

Thanks

Go with oem. I've torn 3 out of 4 boots somehow on the satv ones. Never torn one oem...

Reactions: pct and Haldog77
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks

Just use the Honda ball joints.

Honda Pioneer 1000 Super Atv A-arms Part 1
Honda Pioneer 1000 Super Atv A-arms Part 2
Honda Pioneer 1000 Superatv Rear A-arms

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is much appreciated my friend.

You’re welcome, this level of service is what makes this site better than the rest.

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
advertisement
Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Ok, now I’m getting a little nervous about the A-Arms, lol. Should I be thinking about something different to get my offset to take care of my rubbing issue from my 30” tires?

Last edited:
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Ok, now I’m betting a little nervous about the A-Arms, lol. Should I be thinking about something different to get my offset to take care of my rubbing issue from my 30” tires?

The SATV arms are fine, just stick with OEM ball joints and tie-rods. You want that $20 tie-rod to bend (it's a 20-30 minute fix on the side of the trail) instead of grenading your steering rack.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm running the SATV arms with stock balljoints and am having no issues. I'm on 28's" tho.

Bee

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
I'm running the SATV arms with stock balljoints and am having no issues. I'm on 28's" tho.

View attachment 213946

I went with 30” General Grabber ATx (which are really about 28.5 with 12 lbs of air). What a difference on road riding, all you here is a little drive train noise. I’m also running the [mention]RB3offroad [/mention] wide trac bundle. Bd5c8433e3e4b3071d7f41f622290168

Reactions: pct and Mudwing
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Where do u ride mostly? I have a place in the Gaylord area and ride a lot of the same trails. They beat the chit out of your machine on the snowmobile trails. I’ll throw a wrench in this, I have been running SATV arms the last 2-1/2 yrs with 30” LT tires. With the washboards and sometimes speeds you can go on our trails I spent the money and went with the SATV ball joints and have had no issues. I had a set of Brand new upper OEM’s and compared them. Being a former drive train mechanic, I felt the the quality was better with the SATV ball joints in construction compared to the OEM’s. The OEM’s are good and not a bad choice. This was just my findings and MO.

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Where do u ride mostly? I have a place in the Gaylord area and ride a lot of the same trails. They beat the chit out of your machine on the snowmobile trails. I’ll throw a wrench in this, I have been running SATV arms the last 2-1/2 yrs with 30” LT tires. With the washboards and sometimes speeds you can go on our trails I spent the money and went with the SATV ball joints and have had no issues. I had a set of Brand new upper OEM’s and compared them. Being a former drive train mechanic, I felt the the quality was better with the SATV ball joints in construction compared to the OEM’s. The OEM’s are good and not a bad choice. This was just my findings and MO.

Thanks a lot!!! Just when I think I’ve finally made up my mind, you chime in with this!! what’s a nut case like me to do?. Just s***tin ya, for sure. You my friend (along with plenty of others) on this site have helped me tremendously with spending my hard earned mula. Went with the OEM’s and my satv a-Ams will be here this weekend, then off to the powder coater guy, I like the stock red or maybe sublime green.

Once the a-arms get here I will try to modify the stock guards to fit.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!