P500 Basic Window Defroster

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
It dawned on me today that my harbor freight window defroster has a ball mount on it that would work in my ram mount. Of course the ball mount was a little smaller so I put a piece of duct tape around the ball and now the ram mount gripes it nicely and I can position the heater where I please. Depending on where you have your ram mount might be an easy option instead of having to screw it to the dash. 31250b53d172323e4be2417777a42017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
It dawned on me today that my harbor freight window defroster has a ball mount on it that would work in my ram mount. Of course the ball mount was a little smaller so I put a piece of duct tape around the ball and now the ram mount gripes it nicely and I can position the heater where I please. Depending on where you have your ram mount might be an easy option instead of having to screw it to the dash. View attachment 99646

I think I need one of those, work well? I was plowing the other day and it warmed up just enough to turn to rain, with a wet windshield and fogged up inside the cab I couldn’t see a damn thing

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
It does a decent job. I was using a towel before to try and wipe the inside of the windshield and now I don’t even need that for Plowing.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have one on either side of my windshield, when it’s cold and pouring down rain the doors need to be up your soaked. Then add in steam from engine due to rain and you are wiping the windshield as much from the inside.

These really make a difference not as much as a full on heater that will heat the windshield to the point condensation can’t form but it mitigates a lot of it.

Reactions: Tigermark

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!