Basic comprehension is dead.

MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com
Screenshot 20200526 091216 Facebook
Is basic comprehension even a thing, anymore? I posted this ad on Facebook Marketplace last night, clearly listing that I was selling a BUMPER for a Pioneer. In less than twelve hours, I've received messages from DOZENS of people thinking I'm offering the whole 2020 Pioneer for $650. One guy messaged me over twenty times hoping to be the first to come look at it. I swear, people don't even try, anymore!

temp-File-For-Share-20200526-083430-92744396562692.jpg

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
View attachment 204524
Is basic comprehension even a thing, anymore? I posted this ad on Facebook Marketplace last night, clearly listing that I was selling a BUMPER for a Pioneer. In less than twelve hours, I've received messages from DOZENS of people thinking I'm offering the whole 2020 Pioneer for $650. One guy messaged me over twenty times hoping to be the first to come look at it. I swear, people don't even try, anymore!

The Facebook part is a big issue. It seems to be a gathering place for the dumber parts of the herd.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
View attachment 204524

standard fakebook.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 204524

Good luck on selling the used TC for $650 ...... unless they have gone waaaaay up. I did not pay but $585 for mine new, IIRC, but that was 2.5 yrs ago.

MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com
Good luck on selling the used TC for $650 ...... unless they have gone waaaaay up. I did not pay but $585 for mine new, IIRC, but that was 2.5 yrs ago.
It's a negotiating starting point; I could ask $12 for it and I guarantee you that a buyer will still spend an hour trying to get me to take $11. But it'll sit it in the yard and I'll let it rust into dust before I take any less than $600. It's only technically used; my Pioneer hasn't been ridden with it; I just recently installed it. I paid the same as you and had to wait almost two months to get it in. So if the convenience of an immediate pick up isn't worth $600 for a bumper you can't tell from one sitting in the showroom to somebody, it won't hurt me any to set it behind my shop and leave it there.

It's a great bumper and I won't discount any body's experience with them, but I haven't any confidence in the upper mounts. I think if I hit something with it, the bent straps would fold up and the bumper would slam into my Pioneer causing more damage than the impact would on a stock bumper. Maybe I'm totally wrong about that, but confidence is an individual perception and I just don't have any in the upper mounts.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
View attachment 204524

Well here is a shining example of Facebook user base:

Xxy
Xxz

So ifn yeer unly gunna seel a bumpeer to stoopid sister shaggers you keest kin only show em de bumpeer causn they kant reed gud.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's a negotiating starting point; I could ask $12 for it and I guarantee you that a buyer will still spend an hour trying to get me to take $11. But it'll sit it in the yard and I'll let it rust into dust before I take any less than $600. It's only technically used; my Pioneer hasn't been ridden with it; I just recently installed it. I paid the same as you and had to wait almost two months to get it in. So if the convenience of an immediate pick up isn't worth $600 for a bumper you can't tell from one sitting in the showroom to somebody, it won't hurt me any to set it behind my shop and leave it there.

It's a great bumper and I won't discount any body's experience with them, but I haven't any confidence in the upper mounts. I think if I hit something with it, the bent straps would fold up and the bumper would slam into my Pioneer causing more damage than the impact would on a stock bumper. Maybe I'm totally wrong about that, but confidence is an individual perception and I just don't have any in the upper mounts.

FWIW i welded gussets into my upper mounts as they were straightening out from winching. I don't know what the perfect answer is but something has to give somewhere...

To clarify the gusset is on the flat strap mount and I think i also put on on the bumper side.

Hey on a side note I'm planning a trip to Montana. I'll start a thread but I'm open to suggestions on whats good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biteme and Isaiah
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
FWIW i welded gussets into my upper mounts as they were straightening out from winching. I don't know what the perfect answer is but something has to give somewhere....🤷‍♂️

Hey on a side note I'm planning a trip to Montana. I'll start a thread but I'm open to suggestions on whats good.
I would look for some trails in the Bad Lands in the Dakota's on the way.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I have not run into anything solid, as in having a wreck, but I have run over a bunch of trees 2-3" diameter and used the winch that is mounted on it. No problems so far.

MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com

I'm glad to help you out with that, just don't tell anybody; the locals don't like it when we give away our best secrets!
cbgrin.gif

One of my favorite riding spots is the Pryor Mountain Wild Horse Range, about 1.5 hours south of Billings MT. There's just nothing like riding while a herd of wild horses runs along beside you. I've been camping before and had to jump in my Rhino to prevent being trampled after a bear spooked the herd and they ran right through my campground (when they're coming directly at you, it sounds like the earth is about to open up). You never know what you're going to see up there. You'll almost always see the herds of wild horses. But over the years I've seen bighorn rams, grizzly bears (most are unaware that they relocate rogue grizzly bears to the Crow Reservation and they often make their way out and onto the horse range), cougar, wolves, coyote, deer, elk, and just about anything else that Montana is known for. I would strongly advise against using the north entrance through the Crow Reservation as the tribe does absolutely nothing to maintain that road and it feels worse than driving cross-way over a corn field. I recommend going down to Lovell WY and coming up the south entrance. Geographically that's the long way, but you can spend hours driving across the reservation because you're limited to 5MPH due to the poor road conditions. The trails themselves are more aggressive than the section of trail pictured is. Some are challenging and very fun to ride. Here is just a small sample of the pictures I've taken over the years.

R1
R2
R3
R4
R5
R6
h1.jpg

H2
H3
H4
H5H6
H7

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm glad to help you out with that, just don't tell anybody; the locals don't like it when we give away our best secrets!
cbgrin.gif

One of my favorite riding spots is the Pryor Mountain Wild Horse Range, about 1.5 hours south of Billings MT. There's just nothing like riding while a herd of wild horses runs along beside you. I've been camping before and had to jump in my Rhino to prevent being trampled after a bear spooked the herd and they ran right through my campground (when they're coming directly at you, it sounds like the earth is about to open up). You never know what you're going to see up there. You'll almost always see the herds of wild horses. But over the years I've seen bighorn rams, grizzly bears (most are unaware that they relocate rogue grizzly bears to the Crow Reservation and they often make their way out and onto the horse range), cougar, wolves, coyote, deer, elk, and just about anything else that Montana is known for. I would strongly advise against using the north entrance through the Crow Reservation as the tribe does absolutely nothing to maintain that road and it feels worse than driving cross-way over a corn field. I recommend going down to Lovell WY and coming up the south entrance. Geographically that's the long way, but you can spend hours driving across the reservation because you're limited to 5MPH due to the poor road conditions. The trails themselves are more aggressive than the section of trail pictured is. Some are challenging and very fun to ride. Here is just a small sample of the pictures I've taken over the years.

View attachment 204671
View attachment 204672
View attachment 204673
View attachment 204674
View attachment 204675
View attachment 204676
h1.jpg

View attachment 204677
View attachment 204678
View attachment 204679
View attachment 204680View attachment 204681
View attachment 204682
Can I hunt those sheep?

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 204524

May I ask why you are selling the Tough Country bumper? I am saving $$$ for one as we speak and need to know why in case I have the same issue.

MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com
May I ask why you are selling the Tough Country bumper? I am saving $$$ for one as we speak and need to know why in case I have the same issue.

This member's experience only validated my concerns:

FWIW i welded gussets into my upper mounts as they were straightening out from winching.

Reactions: Haldog77
Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

This member's experience only validated my concerns:
Ok, thanks. I have been planning on getting one, but I'll do some research first.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
View attachment 204524

You answered your own question...

you said You put it on FACETURD!
That ends of our lesson for today Kids. :cool:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!