Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Run mine on a tender year round
6 years is great service. 4 is what one can hope for. Has to be the year round tender.....👍

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I ordered them from Summit Racing. Said they were coming directly from the manufacturer. They just keep pushing back the date and I'm impatient as hell sooo...
I don’t know, I don’t think it’s impatient when they tell you July after ordering them in March. But if you’re impatient, cancel the order and get them Monday from Amazon...🤷‍♂️

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Funny though, Amazon did the same thing to me with a truck accessory. Gave the latest shipment date as 2 1/2 months out when I ordered it but I figured they'd beat that no problem. On the day of that date they sent me an email saying the order was cancelled. 🤬

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I don’t think I’d order anything from anyone with a date set that far out unless they were the only one that had it....🤔

Reactions: Bigtee
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I needed a new battery charger so I purchased this one from Harbor Freight. The battery on my P1 had been acting weak so I hooked this up in Repair mode and I’ve not had any problems with it since.

View attachment 259861
Repair mode....🤔 that’s pretty cool...😎

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The Isolator I'm using : Charges the Waekest Battery 1st. -- & an has Overide Button to Open the Block when needed.
That’s perfect.....

Reactions: pappyo
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Summit keeps giving me updates on the status of these batteries. First it was Mar 19th, then it went to Apr 19th. Now I just got an email that the expected ship date is Jul 6th, wtf?! Anything out there the same size that measure up to the Yuasa's?
I got my replacement AGM (before the China Virus) from Battery Source www.batterysource.com their ETX14 ($99.95) is the same size as the OEM Yuasa and has been working fine for me. Although they are a southern franchise, it looks as though they offer ship to home on their web site. My second battery is an Odessy 925 that I also got at Battery Source.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I don’t know, I don’t think it’s impatient when they tell you July after ordering them in March. But if you’re impatient, cancel the order and get them Monday from Amazon...🤷‍♂️

Btw, Amazon says out of stock. Probably the reason I went with Summit in the first place.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Getting to the point that I'm wondering when the batteries are going to go. Stocker is 6 yrs old now and the second battery is about 4. What's your guys opinion, do I just let them take a crap and replace them afterward? Don't really like the idea of running low voltage and causing any kind of electrical issues either. Thinking I'd be proactive and change them out before having issues. Also wondering about type and brand. Can't complain about the stocker, it's held up well. Considering going with two of those but is there a better battery for around the same price? Keep in mind my second battery is about the same size and don't plan to go bigger or anything. I'm also wired in parallel so whichever one I decide on means I'll be getting two identical ones.
Just looking for some advice and input before going for it. Thanks.
I replaced my battery at 5 years old because I figured it was time for it to take a crap. The old one had a full charge and it is still holding a charge just fine, but if I had not changed it would have died in the middle of nowhere.. that's how it works.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Btw, Amazon says out of stock. Probably the reason I went with Summit in the first place.
Looks like Summit should have said out of stock too....
It sucks for people to take and hold your money for that long. They shouldn’t be aloud to tap your CC until it ships...🙄

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well this has been a total pita. Finding a Yuasa is like pulling teeth right now, everyone's out of stock. Don't know how a company can stay in business when they're just not producing anything. Need to stop giving everyone fat unemployment and send their ass back to work. These days of Covid straight up suck! I know, that's another thread.
Anyway, if you call your Honda dealer they'll tell you they have them in stock but it'll be a 14 AH which is what our machines came with but they've now been upgraded to the 16 AH. Which means the batteries they have are old. I did find one on ebay and it's on its way. I needed a second one though for under the seat and the posts are reversed, not a problem, they make them. Normally anyway, can't find one now unless you want to pay about a $50 mark up. Ended up going with a Deka which is a 16 AH AGM as well. Had I known I would've just went with two Deka's.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So is Summit giving your money back timely?

Yeah, cancelling the order is no big deal. Had to cancel another order this morning from another company. Said it was in stock when I ordered it last night. Had a feeling and contacted them, sure enough back ordered. Then they tried BS'ing me that it wouldn't be long. Told them I can get it back ordered anywhere, no thanks.
PS Summit doesn't charge until it ships.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Well this has been a total pita. Finding a Yuasa is like pulling teeth right now, everyone's out of stock. Don't know how a company can stay in business when they're just not producing anything. Need to stop giving everyone fat unemployment and send their ass back to work. These days of Covid straight up suck! I know, that's another thread.
Anyway, if you call your Honda dealer they'll tell you they have them in stock but it'll be a 14 AH which is what our machines came with but they've now been upgraded to the 16 AH. Which means the batteries they have are old. I did find one on ebay and it's on its way. I needed a second one though for under the seat and the posts are reversed, not a problem, they make them. Normally anyway, can't find one now unless you want to pay about a $50 mark up. Ended up going with a Deka which is a 16 AH AGM as well. Had I known I would've just went with two Deka's.
I had to get mine from Amazon.